5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2016 4:40 AM by dj_paige

download installer

mikeh41195199

I have downloaded the "Application Installer" and it is asking which program to use to Open it.  What Program do I use?  

• 1. Re: download installer
          dj_paige Level 9

First, is this a Lightroom question?

If so, give us a few details. Tell us the exact name and file type of whatever file you downloaded. Tell us the exact URL where you downloaded this file from. Tell us your operating system.

• 2. Re: download installer
            mikeh41195199 Level 1

Yes, I have had to uninstall Lightroom 6 and now I need to re-install it.   At the “Download Adobe Photoshop Lightroom page it provides the Application Installer for Windows.

• 3. Re: download installer
              mikeh41195199 Level 1

I downloaded the file from the this Adobe web page "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Help / Download Photoshop Lightroom"    On that page you have three options to download Lightroom.  Either LR4, LR5, or LR6.   I chose LR6 since that is correct version.   When you click on Adobe Lightroom version 6 it brings up two lists.  One is called "Application Installer" and you have the option of either  MAC OS X, or Windows.     The other list is called "Updates" and provides a list of either MAC OS, or Windows Lightroom 6 versions.   So I assumed I needed to first download the Application Installer and when I did I "saved" it rather than "opened" it.   In either case it asks what program I want to use to open the file with?   If I select Open, instead of Save, it creates a folder in My Documents\setup\payloads that needs to extracted.  When that is done there is a file name "Install" but it does not do anything when opened.  

• 4. Re: download installer
                mikeh41195199 Level 1

Here is the URL.                      Install Photoshop Lightroom I was given. 

• 5. Re: download installer
                  dj_paige Level 9

I said earlier

Tell us the exact name and file type of whatever file you downloaded.

I don't see the answer.