1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 24, 2016 5:01 AM by dj_paige

Where are my lightroom photos?

reeversen

Last summer, my pc crashed.  I brought it i to Geek Squad, and they put all of my docs, music, photos onto a storage drive and wiped my machines hard drive.  When I moved everything from the storage drive onto the newly 'cleaned' machine, i realized my LR gallery was not available, nor did i even have the software anymore.  My original download was through a school, and the codes will no longer work. 

Within that week, my computer developed a hardware issue, which geek squad said they could not fix.  (3/2015) 

Fast forward to now... Ive returned from my summer job, bought a Mac, and signed onto adobe cloud, and it says I have no photos in Lightroom.  I backed up my gallery religiously.

Where are these pictures?

How do I reinstate my student download? Why wouldnt the codes work?

Do i need new download codes for the Mac I bought?

Please HELP!!!

• 1. Re: Where are my lightroom photos?
          dj_paige Level 9

Where are these pictures?

They are wherever you or Geek Squad put them, on your hard disk or other disk somewhere. They are also in your backups (if you made backups, which you should have been doing). You need backups of your photos and backups of your catalog file. Find them. use your operating system's search feature to search all hard disks for them. The catalog file name ends with .LRCAT.

Your photos are never stored in the "cloud", Lightroom does not allow this, so you won't find them there.

How do I reinstate my student download? Why wouldnt the codes work?

You should have your serial number available, then you could download the same version of Lightroom (what version was that?), appply the serial number, and you're good. If you don't have it available (again, you should make backups of your serial numbers as well as your photos and catalog file), then see if this helps: Find your Adobe product serial number quickly

Do i need new download codes for the Mac I bought?

If that doesn't work, you have to purchase Lightroom again, probably at full price or the monthly subscription.