1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 24, 2016 6:59 AM by A.T. Romano

changing length of clips to fit song

renb2812

Hi there,

I'm new to using adobe premier and I am wanting to know how to change the lengths of the clips shown on screen so that it matches the audio I have imported. I am making a slide show of photos and at the moment my photos are on screen for a tad too long and run over the length of the song. I just cant seem to find out how to do this.

With many thanks

Renee

• 1. Re: changing length of clips to fit song
          A.T. Romano Level 7

renb

What version of Premiere Elements, what computer operating system?

Where are you doing this slideshow - in the Elements Organizer or in the Premiere Elements Editor? I am assuming in the Premiere Elements Editor based on your problem description.

Generalizing,

a. you can right click the Timeline photo, and use Time Stretch to change the photo duration. Duration there is expressed in Timecode fashion 00;00;00;00 (hours;minutes;seconds; frames).

b. where applicable, you can click and drag at the edge of the Timeline photo.

From the other side, if you use Music Scores (depending on the Premiere Elements version) you can alter the audio to fit the photo without altering the music arrangement.

Duration changes at the Timeline level can be done for 1 or more photos at the same time.

Edit Menu/Preferences/General and its Still Image Default Duration allows you set that duration for all photos that are imported AFTER you set that value. There the unit are in frames.

Please consider, and give details. Then we will customize the reply for you.

Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR