3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2016 3:56 AM by dj_paige

Cloud Storage

selondon Level 3

As an Adobe Revel evictee I am going to take up the option of trying Photography CC plan for the year.  I know that you probably cannot give a timeline on when high-res cloud storage will be available but wondered if you could find out how this may work?  I mean if I take all my Photos into Lightroom, will the original res automatically upload to the cloud, when available? 

Also, what would happen if I do have photos in the cloud and do not renew my subscription next year? (with Revel they stayed there for two years' I think - although obviously now Adobe has decided to delete them all)

• 1. Re: Cloud Storage
          dj_paige Level 9

Since the features you are asking about don't exist, no one can give you a definitive answer.

• 2. Re: Cloud Storage
            selondon Level 3

Full resolution Cloud Storage is in the plan though (well that's what being sold to us ex-Revel users at least). I am just wondering if there is any update on the timeline and technicals of this?

To rephrase the second part of my question, as LR and Revel work differently; When I import the files into LR it creates a Catalog on my Mac of the Libraries in (or Albums as they were in Revel). If I decide that LR isn't for me after my free trial but may want to return in the future, when say Cloud Storage is introduced, then I guess my images are still there if I point LR to that Catalog?

• 3. Re: Cloud Storage
              dj_paige Level 9

I am just wondering if there is any update on the timeline and technicals of this?

Adobe never gives updates about timelines and technical details in advance of making the service available.

When I import the files into LR it creates a Catalog on my Mac of the Libraries in (or Albums as they were in Revel). If I decide that LR isn't for me after my free trial but may want to return in the future, when say Cloud Storage is introduced, then I guess my images are still there if I point LR to that Catalog?

Your photos are not stored in the catalog. They are stored on your hard disk. If your free trial expires, the catalog and photos still exist and are not harmed in any way and available for future use in Lightroom (unless, of course, you choose to modify or delete these files)