3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2016 8:30 AM by john beardsworth

Are the IpadPro and adobe apps good enough for this photographer?

mazjarv

I am a travelling photographer, using Lightroom and Photoshop on my Macbook pro, and wanting to get a ipadpro (to travel lighter) can I import my own presets/actions into the mobile version. Or is IPadPro able to use the full versions of these apps?

• 1. Re: Are the IpadPro and adobe apps good enough for this photographer?
          Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

Hi mazjarv,

The Full version of  Adobe Applications will not work on iPadPro , however you may use the Mobile Applications on iPadPro.

Please check the following link for Lightroom Mobile Presets : Lightroom Mobile Presets « Julieanne Kost's Blog

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Tanuj

• 2. Re: Are the IpadPro and adobe apps good enough for this photographer?
            robgendreau Level 3

An iPad Pro runs iOS, not Mac OS and doesn't run Lr or anything close to it in terms of capability. Macworld just had an article on the deficiences of the iPP as a tool for photographers.

Lr Mobile is available, but it is primarily a Lr desktop to iPad workflow, has limited editing ability (not much batch stuff or presets or even keywording (!)).

I'd recommend you stick with the MBP, or go with a Surface Pro. Lr will not only run on it, but Lr and Ps have been tweaked to use the touch interface. I dunno about battery life, speed, etc, but I'd assume the compromise would be worth it since you'd be using Lr itself, not some adjunct app. And I say this as an iPad owner; they are fine for showing off some photos and one-off editing JPEG, but otherwise not very useful for photographers I'm afraid.

• 3. Re: Are the IpadPro and adobe apps good enough for this photographer?
              john beardsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can't really use Mobile as a replacement for the full version of Lightroom. You won't be able to import raw files, add much metadata, or do all adjustments. Mobile's not yet intended to for a camera->device->computer workflow.

You can't get your own presets into Mobile. You can though create a collection of photos, one per preset, sync the collection with LrMobile and then use its copy and paste settings. Not worth the effort?