4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2016 1:12 PM by MobileDeveloperCK

Empty rows in PDF Form, creat with LCD on PC sent to IOs Iphone

dcandre

Hello Acrobat Support Team,

I have the following problem with a PDF form. I've created a PDF form with LCD ES4, this form will be filled out on the PC and sent via email to different IPhones. The completed form arrives on the IPhones and the lines/ rows are empty. On Android phones it works with another pdf reader app, it also works on the iPhone. What can I do so that the form is readable on the iPhone?

Best wishes,

Andre Rubach

• 1. Re: Empty rows in PDF Form, creat with LCD on PC sent to IOs Iphone
          MobileDeveloperCK Adobe Employee

Hi,

As you may already know, the Acrobat Reader mobile apps (for iOS, Android, Windows Phone) do not support static and dynamic XFA forms that are authored with Adobe LiveCycle Designer.  It is not possible to fill out static and dynamic XFA forms in the Acrobat Reader mobile apps.

Adobe Reader Mobile and XFA forms from LiveCycle Designer | Adobe LiveCycle Blog

However, if you have a static XFA form that has already been filled out in the desktop version of Acrobat Reader, you may be able to view the completed static XFA form in the Acrobat Reader mobile apps.  Or do you have a PDF form in the HTML5 format?

LiveCycle Help | Mobile Forms Overview

It is a little bit surprising to hear that your completed PDF form is viewable on Android but not on iOS.

What is the version number of Acrobat Reader for iOS?

Would you be willing to share your PDF form with us (Adobe) so that we can investigate further?

Thank you.

• 2. Re: Empty rows in PDF Form, creat with LCD on PC sent to IOs Iphone
            dcandre Level 1

At first thx for the answer.

I have made a static format from the dynamic form. On the IPhones we use the latest version of Acrobat Reader (15.4.0 ). I Will attach the PDF Form to these mail.

Best wishes,

Andre Rubach

• 3. Re: Empty rows in PDF Form, creat with LCD on PC sent to IOs Iphone

Hi Andre,

The Adobe forums do not accept email attachments for security reasons.  So attaching files to a forum email or message will not work.

I've sent you a forum private message with the instructions on how to share a PDF file with us.

Thank you for your help!

• 4. Re: Empty rows in PDF Form, creat with LCD on PC sent to IOs Iphone

Hi Andre,

We received your PDF forms via email.  Thank you!

Is it possible that you opened the same PDF form in an Apple iOS app (e.g. Mail, Safari, or iBooks) on your iPhone?  For example, if you open a PDF attachment in Mail, the Apple built-in preview (instead of Adobe Reader for iOS) will display the PDF form by default.

However, because Apple iOS apps do not fully support PDF forms, they may not display some contents (e.g. buttons, signatures) correctly.

I tried opening the first PDF attachment in Apple Mail on my iPad Air running iOS 9.2.1.

AppleMailPreview.jpg

You can use the iOS "Open In" feature to open a PDF document in Acrobat Reader for iOS instead.

The second PDF attachment looked fine in Acrobat Reader for iOS.  Does it look OK to you?

So it looks like you've already made your completed PDF form viewable in Acrobat Reader.

Please let us know if you encounter any other issues.

Thank you for the inquiry.