4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2016 12:07 AM by matussi

AE RAM preview

matussi

Adobe CC 13.6.1.6 RAM preview: Zooming into an ai file (5443x3062) causes issues with the preview. Loading very slowly, not playing smoothly. Other parts of the animation without zooms can be previewed smoothly. I work on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15'') / 2,6GHz Intel Core i7 / 16GB 1600MHzDDR3 / Nvidia GeForce GT 750M 2048MB. Is this issue due to processing power?

• 1. Re: AE RAM preview
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

When you say "zoom", what do you mean?

Do you mean you zoom in with the composition's view settings? Do you mean you scale up the AI layer's properties? Do you mean you've made your Illustrator layer a 3d layer in AE and have moved the AE camera closer? Or do you mean something else?

How have you imported this AI file?

• 2. Re: AE RAM preview
            matussi Level 1

I imported the ai file as a composition. Yes, I zoom in with the composition's view settings: I animated the scaling and position of this composition to "zoom" into picture details.

I didn't turn the composition into 3d, neither single layers. I also didn't create virtual cameras.

I  installed the CUDA toolkit, same problem.

I  have enough space on the drive.

I also just opened an older project and I have the same preview issues here. It can't be played smoothly wether or not I play it with audio. A couple of weeks ago, I had no problem with this older project.

Maybe other people experienced similar issues after the latest update?

Thanks for your support.

• 3. Re: AE RAM preview
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Could you take a screen recording of the issue or at least take some screenshots so we can get a better idea of what's happening? Also, what OS are you using?