2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2016 8:39 AM by aldog23968363

Performance Adobe-Dell

aldog23968363

Hi, my issue regards performance trouble with 2 Dell Workstation (with twin configuration) and Premiere AfterEffect application CS6: Dell Precision T5610 with this hardware setup:

Scheda madre: CPU type  HexaCore Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2, 2100 MHz (21 x 100) Workstation model  Dell Precision T5610 Motherboard  Intel Patsburg C600/X79, Intel Ivy Bridge-EP System Memory  16Gb BIOS  AMI (06/26/2015) Video Card: Video Adapter:  NVIDIA Quadro K4000 (3 GB) Lan Card: Planet 10Gb.

Connected with Nas Qnap 761 10gb network interface.

When i launch a render or other job type, the application doesn't use correctly all PC resurce, the CPU and GPU use aboaut 20/25% of their capacity!!!

The result is slower render and a lot of time wasted!!!

Best Regards

• 1. Re: Performance Adobe-Dell
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm not quite sure I understand your render setup. Are you saying you have two computers exhibiting the same issue or are you using the two of them in some sort of connected manner?

Unless you're using some third-party plugin (such as Element 3d) or the obsolete ray-traced renderer, AE doesn't use the GPU for much. See here: GPU (CUDA, OpenGL) features in After Effects CS6 and After Effects CC

I would be unsurprised to see GPU usage being very low.

Now, CPU usage is another thing. What are your memory and multiprocessing settings? Screenshot would help for this.

You've talked about CPU and GPU usage, but, when it's rendering, what is the RAM usage like?

When it's rendering, what is the network usage like?

• 2. Re: Performance Adobe-Dell
            aldog23968363 Level 1

Hi Szalam !

here is the screen capture for ram setting

Multithreading is obsolete in CC2015

we have 2workstation exhibiting the same CPU usage issue

during renderign RAM usage is about 8/10 GB  and network 2% ( 10GB ethernet  )

Ok we have understood the GPU usage question. 

Can you help us ?

screen.jpg