5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2016 9:10 AM by tanyaw57935151

Hi – I’ve never asked a question here – forgive me if I am doing it incorrectly.  I’m trying to add a digital signature field in Acrobat DC so it can be signed in Reader by someone other than me. (A digital one not the type that DC will draw for you or al

tanyaw57935151

Hi – I’ve never asked a question here – forgive me if I am doing it incorrectly. I’m trying to add a digital signature field in Acrobat DC so it can be signed in Reader by someone other than me. (A digital one not the type that DC will draw for you or allow you draw yourself.) I can make the fields but they don’t work. The signature fields used to have little tiny flags in the corner of the box which indicated they were ready to be signed. My steps consist of:

Select Tools - Prepare Forms. I click the “This document requires signature”. Auto detection is On.

Then I check the automatically created fields. I've tried to just change the signature box properties to signature and I’ve also tried drawing signature block or just signature (not sure what the difference is) I’ve noticed that under “More” there is the “Revert to acrobat form. When I do that I get the message that “Acrobat will now convert to Acroform - click ok to continue” - which I do and save - then I save again with new name to  “Save As Other” to enable the form. Then I check the form in Reader but it doesn't work! What am I doing wrong?! I used to be able to do this!  I've tried other ways but DC wants me to make a digital signature for myself (I already have one!) Help please!