1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 25, 2016 11:54 AM by A.T. Romano

Retrieving a project

ashleighs81262810

I tried to open a project I was just working on yesterday but all it's saying is " the project is not compatible with current version of premiere elements" I did not update my program at all. Someone please help I need the project by Fridayand I worked really hard on it and no one seems to be able to help me. thank you

• 1. Re: Retrieving a project
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ashleighs

What version of Premiere Elements, what computer operating system?

How are you opening this previously saved closed project?

Can you open the project

a. if you go to the save location of the project file, right click it, select and click on Open With, select Adobe Premiere Elements (and whatever the number is for your version)?

or

b. if you used the AutoSave feature, can you open any of the AutoSaves to recovery your saved closed project that you are trying to reopen?

What as the last activity that you performed in the project just before you closed it? And, what as the size and complexity of the Timeline content at that time?

After you saved, closed the project, did you move, delete, or rename and of the files and folders that went into the project?

Please also check out the Adobe document on damaged project to determine if anything in it can be of help.

Troubleshoot a damaged project file | Adobe Premiere Elements

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR