2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2016 11:45 AM by DdeGannes

"Files can't be read" error when importing images from camera/ card

LB007

Is anyone having problems importing photos to lightroom? They're visible and when I select them and hit import, I get an error message saying the files can't be read.

• 1. Re: "Files can't be read" error when importing images from camera/ card
          Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

Hi LB,

In the import window please change the Destination Location from the top right .

Also please check if you have Read and Write access on the folder that you were trying to import .

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Tanuj

• 2. Re: "Files can't be read" error when importing images from camera/ card
            DdeGannes Level 5

This error message is displayed because you do not have the full read and write permissions for the "Destination" folder where the files are being copied to.

On the right side panel of the import dialog you will see the tab for the Destination. Check there for the location and then ensure you have the required permissions. This has to be corrected using your operating system options. The other option is to select another destination folder.

Actually since the files could not be written / copied to the selected location they could not be read by Lightroom, the error message is not very clear.

This issue is the most frequently posted problem and there are probably a few thousand threads over the years.

1 person found this helpful