4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2016 11:49 AM by valerieb19017817

PLEASE HELP !! cant drag a clip to timeline

valerieb19017817

im new to pse 14 prem , after 3 days of having it up and running , then it shuts down telling me to uninstall . Iv done all that & sit down to make a video it comes up saying it has stopped working close programe . it happens every time i drag a video clip to video 1 track has anyone got a few min,s to advise id be very greatfull

• 1. Re: PLEASE HELP !! cant drag a clip to timeline
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What operating system are you using?

What format of video are you editing and what resolution is it? What model of camcorder did this video come from?

Have you ensured that you have the latest version of Quicktime, per the program's requirements?

Which processor do you have and with how much RAM? How much free space is on your hard drive?

• 2. Re: PLEASE HELP !! cant drag a clip to timeline
            A.T. Romano Level 7

valerieb

What computer operating system involved? Have you updated 14 to 14.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

What are the properties of the video that you are trying to drag to the Timeline Video Track 1? What is the brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded the video? Was the video recorded with cell phone, iPad, screen capturing program, or any device that records with a variable rather than constant frame rate?

Does the error message include the reason for the instruction to uninstall/reinstall? After you do that uninstall/reinstall, do you ever get that same message back again?

Usual introductory questions

1. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime 7 installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements?

2. Are you running the programs as administrator (from user account with administrative privileges)?

3. Is your video card/graphics card driver up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

4. Does you system meet System Requirement, and is your computer optimized? All computer updates?

Other questions also, but let us start with those above, and then decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Any questions or clarification needed, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...when I posted this reply to you, there were no other posts in your thread. My post is independent of the other that has been posted.

• 3. Re: PLEASE HELP !! cant drag a clip to timeline
              valerieb19017817 Level 1

thank you for very fast response IM going to check through the things you have mentioned x thanks