5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2016 7:54 AM by A.T. Romano

Photoshop elements 13 organizer freezes all the time

Mother3941

I'm using Macbook Pro (Mid 2015) and El Capitan 10.11.3 with Photoshop 13. Editor works fine but Organizer constantly freezes no matter what I try to do. Starts off working but after executing a few commands, it completely freezes and I have to force quit. I've tried to safe boot to no avail. Can anybody give me a lead? Is it the computer or software? Help, I'm going crazy. Thanks.

EAS

ps: I'm a real novice!

• 1. Re: Photoshop elements 13 organizer freezes all the time
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Mother3941

What program do you have Premiere Elements 13 as well as Photoshop Elements 13 and the Elements Organizer 13?

If you have just Photoshop Elements 13 and Elements Organizer 13, then you should be posting to the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum to take advantage of the specialized expertise there.

Photoshop Elements

Some how your post got posted to the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum (video editing).

Few suggestions to think about

1. Create a new catalog in the Elements Organizer

and

2. Delete the Elements Organizer settings file ... the shortcut...open program to Welcome Screen...at Welcome Screen, as you hold down on Command+Option+Shift, click and hold click on "Organizer" for about 30 seconds...wait for a pop up "Delete the Elements Organizer Setting file"....click yes to that when you see that pop up, release the Command+Option+Shift.

I am strictly an Elements Windows user, so please check out my Mac "translations"

Best wishes

ATR

• 2. Re: Photoshop elements 13 organizer freezes all the time
            Mother3941 Level 1

Thanks A.T.,

I'm such a newbie that I didn't realize Premier Elements was separate from Elements. Thanks for pointing me to the right board and the suggestions.

Regards

EAS

• 3. Re: Photoshop elements 13 organizer freezes all the time
              A.T. Romano Level 7

EAS

Thanks for the follow up.

Photoshop Elements 13 and Premiere Elements 13 are standalone programs, each coming with Elements Organizer 13. When the two are installed on the same computer, they share the same Elements Organizer 13. There are some other integration perks between the two when this same version condition exists.

Best wishes with your Elements programs. Please do not hesitate to ask questions and ask for clarification in the Adobe Forums.

ATR

• 4. Re: Photoshop elements 13 organizer freezes all the time
                Mother3941 Level 1

A.T.

Could my problem be because I have multiply Photoshop applications installed? The following programs are in my Applications folder.

Adobe Elements-11 Organizer,

Adobe Premier Elements 11

Adobe Elements 13-Organizer

Photoshop13 Editor

I note that the first 3 above use the "Adobe" name and the last (the editor) uses the "Photoshop" name.

EAS

• 5. Re: Photoshop elements 13 organizer freezes all the time
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

EAS

The Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements versions that you mention are all standalone programs.

And, there is no integration between the 11 and 13 versions.

So, I am not seeing any problem related to having Photoshop Elements 11 with its Elements Organizer 11 and Photoshop Elements 13 with its Elements Organizer 13 installed on the same computer. Are your computer resources enough to support the installed programs?

Consequently, I would go back to possible solutions

Few suggestions to think about

1. Create a new catalog in the Elements Organizer

and

2. Delete the Elements Organizer settings file ... the shortcut...open program to Welcome Screen...at Welcome Screen, as you hold down on Command+Option+Shift, click and hold click on "Organizer" for about 30 seconds...wait for a pop up "Delete the Elements Organizer Setting file"....click yes to that when you see that pop up, release the Command+Option+Shift.

The other aspect of this relates to the properties of the file that are associated with the Elements Organizer freezes. Have you seen a pattern for this?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime 7 installed on your computer?

ATR

Add On...I am not sure why Photoshop 13 instead of Photoshop Elements 13? When you go to Control Panel/Installed Programs, do you see "Adobe Photoshop Elements 13" listed?