9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2016 8:19 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 13 crashes

daand26886838

i try to install the update 12.1 of premiere elements 13. Then the errorcode : U44M1P2001

• 1. Re: Errorcode : U44M1P2001
          Megha Rawat Adobe Employee

Please refer:Adobe Photoshop Elements 12.1 update

Hope this helps.

Regards

Megha Rawat

• 2. Re: Errorcode : U44M1P2001
            daand26886838 Level 1

no i read this before. i have no trail product. and it's not a problem in photoshop, but in elements!

• 3. Re: Errorcode : U44M1P2001
              A.T. Romano Level 7

daand

Do you mean that you are trying to install the 13.1 update for Premiere Elements 13. What computer operating system?

First, are you doing this with antivirus and firewalls disabled. That solves many of this type of issue.

Please consider the solutions in the following and let us know if any of them worked for you.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE13/13.1: 13.1 Update Failures/Solutions

I typically put creating a new user account with administrative privileges to the bottom of the list.

Looking forward to your results as your schedule permits.

ATR

• 4. Re: Errorcode : U44M1P2001
                A.T. Romano Level 7

daand

On second thought, are you referring to the 12.1 update for Premiere Elements 12.1?

In that case, same starting point - that is - are you doing the downloading and installing of the 12.1 Update with antivirus and firewalls disabled?

Then please check out the details in the following documents

Update 12.1 installation errors in Photoshop Elements, Premiere Elements

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: 12.1 Update Released

ATR

• 5. Re: Errorcode : U44M1P2001
                  daand26886838 Level 1

Hello Romano,

Thanks for helping. Yes i close the firewall and antivirus. Unfortunately no solution. The strange is, i have premiere elements 13, and the update is 12.1 ??

update 13.jpgupdate 12.1.jpg

The other thing I've tried is Update 12.1 installation errors in Photoshop Elements, Premiere Elements  but i'ts errorcode U44M1P2003 and not U44M1P2001.

But this is the purpose?

registry.jpg

Unfortunately, the update is still not successful.

My computer intel inside i5, 6GB RAM windows 10  64 bit.

thanks. Daan.

• 6. Re: Errorcode : U44M1P2001
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Daan

Thanks for the reply.

When I look at your screenshot, it tells me that Premiere Elements 13 is already updated to 13.1 and there are no more updates for 13 at this time.

And according to the Updates dialog, your Premiere Elements 12 is not yet updated to 12.1. Is your Premiere Elements 12 still installed on your computer and activated?

Is it when you press the button for update for 12.1 for 12, is that when you will get the U44M1P2001 error?

ATR

• 7. Re: Errorcode : U44M1P2001
                      daand26886838 Level 1

I have bought and installed premier elements 13. In elements 13 check i for updates. Then he comes with the image that I sent !?

my biggest problem is that elements constantly crashes!! it drives me crazy. I can not figure why he crashes

I hoped that works more stable by the update... but not possible? Hope you have a solution?

Many thanks, Daan.

• 8. Re: Errorcode : U44M1P2001
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Daan

The message that you sent shows that you already have the Premiere Elements 13.1 installed.

When you installed Premiere Elements 13, did you work with it as 13 for a while and then update to 13.1 which you apparently have according to what you posted?

There is always the possibility that the problem is with 13.1 and not 13. You could uninstall, run free ccleaner, reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled. Then try to work with just 13 (no update to 13.1) and determine if the crashes still happen.

Let us go through the following check list....

1. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?

2. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime 7 installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 13/13.1?

3. Are you running the program as administrator (from user account with administrative privileges?

4. Is you video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

5. What are the properties of the files that you are importing into the project? When do these crashes occur ....after certain edits, with a large and complex Timeline content, other?

Summary....

Go through the check list

and, if indicated,

Do the uninstall, free cleaner, reinstall

We will be watching for your results as your schedule permits.

ATR

1 person found this helpful