5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2016 8:36 AM by Szalam

Ram preview stutter

simon Deshon

...ie: it fluctuates between Realtime and not Realtime ...previously versions of AE it would preview fine after it had created a Ram Preview but in CC 13.6.1.6 it seems not to ever truly Ram Preview the work area?

• 1. Re: Ram preview stutter
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There are a number of threads here where folks have had issues with making their previews realtime and several useful suggestions for how to fix it. Is it safe to assume you're using Yosemite or El Capitan?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Ram preview stutter
            simon Deshon Level 1

Yes El Capitan

I've found posts that recommend reinstalling 2014 AE (not an option for me) but none that fix CC 13.6.1.6

• 3. Re: Ram preview stutter

Is the reason you can't install CC 2014 that you use Dynamic Link a lot and you're using Premiere CC 2015? If it's because you're working with other artists who use AE CC 2015, remember that AE CC 2014 can open and work with files created in AE CC 2015 without any issues. It's as if they were created natively.

Some of the fixes I recall involved moving all of your panels to one monitor (if it doesn't work on one, move them to the other and try). Another fix I remember was hiding your playhead. Most of the fixes involved tucking away various parts of the UI, actually.

• 4. Re: Ram preview stutter
                simon Deshon Level 1

Dr Szalam

Moving all the palettes onto main monitor worked a treat ...you're a star!

...No I've installed CC 2015 AE and was intrigued why Ram Preview was struggling ...I had a dig for a link for 2014 AE but cam e up trumps.

s

• 5. Re: Ram preview stutter

I'm fully on board with trying to make CC 2015 work. I love the new changes they've made in it. Glad we got it working for you! Hopefully Adobe can get a fix out so it works properly without the having to move palettes about the place.

If you'd like to keep CC 2014 on hand for times like this when you just need to get work done and you can't figure out the problem, it's really easy to install, IF you know where to look!

How to Find and Install Previous Version of Adobe Apps in CC 2015

You can install CS6 (version 11) and CC (version 12) in addition to CC 2014 (13.2) and CC 2015 (13.6) if you want to. I have all of them plus CS5 installed on the machine at the home studio. You never know when someone will ask for a project in an earlier format or, more likely for me, someone on the forums has an issue with an older version.