5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2016 9:49 AM by acem93524919

Why are my bookmarks not saving? [Android]

sallyawolf

I am using Adobe reader version 15.0.01 on my kindle fire to read puff books. I can make bookmarks just fine and can reference the bookmarks while the file is still open but once I exit from the reader all bookmarks are gone and it says I have no bookmarks for this title.

• 1. Re: Why are my bookmarks not saving? [Android]
          brogers123 Adobe Employee

While you don't say what you are doing after you are exiting Reader, I suspect you are opening the PDF in another application. The bookmarks the Android version of Acrobat Reader creates are only available within the app. They cannot be viewed on the web, in the desktop product, or 3rd party app.

Ben

• 2. Re: Why are my bookmarks not saving? [Android]
            Jlg365psu

Hi, i believe I'm having the same issue. I am using a kindle fire 8. I got the Adobe reader app and use it to read large pdf files (ie textbooks requiring many user created bookmarks).  The table of contents works just fine but any bookmarks I create disappear seemingly for no reason, sometimes even when I simply go to the home screen on my device (keeping the textbook I'm reading open in the Adobe app) and certainly if I close the Adobe app.

Now I researched this a bit on my own in your forums and I have not:

-renamed or moved the file or folder containing the file (of the textbook pdf)

-accessed the file with any other app

-saved the file to Adobe cloud (cause it's too big and would take to long to do this every time I create a bookmark )

I don't have any idea as to what I'm doing to cause these bookmarks to just disappear cause I'm not doing anything!

One more frustrating detail, I did create a few bookmarks one night several days ago and those, and only those, are being saved.  I'm freaking out here. Pls help.

• 3. Re: Why are my bookmarks not saving? [Android]
              acemary Level 1

I can't get my browser to bookmark anything. I can edit my previously saved ones, but new ones just don't happen. Yes, it's up-to-date, the latest update available. And yes, I went through the trouble shooter and reset firefox to it's original settings. didn't work.

HELP!!

• 4. Re: Why are my bookmarks not saving? [Android]
                sallyawolf Level 1

Funny thing happened I made a bookmark to  come and make this post when I got back to the pdf it was there. I do not understand why sometimes it saves and sometimes it doesn't maybe it is kindle trying to mess with pdf

• 5. Re: Why are my bookmarks not saving? [Android]
                  acem93524919 Level 1

Firefox automatically creates backups of your bookmarks, which can be helpful if your bookmarks are lost or missing. To recover them, follow the instructions below.

1. Use one of these methods to open the Bookmarks Library window:
                    • Firefox 29 and above: Click the Bookmarks button Bookmarks-29 and selectShow All Bookmarks
                    • Previous Firefox versions: Click the Firefox button and click onBookmarks. (If you don't have a Firefox button, click the Bookmarks button Bookmarks button win 2 or Bookmarks menu item and select Show All Bookmarks.)
                  2. At the top of the Library window, click on Import and Backup and selectRestore.
                  3. Click the date of the bookmark backup you want to recover.
                  4. In the new window that appears, click OK.
                  5. Your bookmarks from the selected date should now be restored.