5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2016 11:29 AM by mariejohns

upload to youtube error

red fuji Level 1

"the video duration exceeds the maximum duration supported by the destination. Please reduce the duration of video and try again."

but my youtube account WILL let me upload .

• 1. Re: upload to youtube error
          A.T. Romano Level 7

red fuji

You cannot upload your Premiere Elements Timeline content to YouTube using the Premiere Elements built in feature if the Timeline content exceeds 15 minutes.

You can export that Timeline content to file (.mp4) saved to hard drive and then upload that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site where you need to apply for and get a YouTube extended time account.

YouTube extended time account do not work in the Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature.

There is no workaround for this condition.

Please consider. If any questions or need clarification on this, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: upload to youtube error
            red fuji Level 1

I don't know what setting Premiere uses for the 'upload to

youtube'  selection but the file size is drastically smaller(good) . I wish

Premier would give us the ability to disable that stop or turn it into a

warning rather than prevention.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 5:29 AM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: upload to youtube error
              A.T. Romano Level 7

red fuji

Although you have not said, your comment about

Please reduce the duration of video and try again."

suggests that you are working with Premiere Elements 14/14.1 which has a dramatically differ sharing section than previous versions. If this is the case....

Although 14's Export & Share/Online/YouTube does show Timeline content/duration  file size/duration, nowhere are the limits given as it did in the prior version (not even in the 14.1 update that was released).

Consider filing one of those Adobe Feature Request Bug Report Forms. But, for now, it is what it is.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

ATR

• 4. Re: upload to youtube error
                saurabh___arora Level 1

Can you please post a screenshot of the error you received while trying to upload video to youtube.

Also, if you can share duration of your timeline sequence and file size

• 5. Re: upload to youtube error
                  mariejohns

My error message says:

under export & share online youtube resolution HD 1080 1920x1080. Error: the video duration exceeds

the maximum duration supported by the destination. Please reduce the duration of video and try again. ok.

I could not figure out how to screenshot the error message. I am usually Adobe Premiere elements 14.