5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2016 8:39 AM by ClayUUID

Convert SWF files into HTML5

joea5283513

Currently we are needing to convert a large amount of SWF files into HTML5 however we are having some issues.. I would have thought that the command-convert to other documents would have helped this but the output code has major issues with 9Slice.  Which the skins are the primary basis for the pages themselves.  As well we have tried an outside source called "swiffy" but are unsure of this and as well the title page then becomes "swiffy" file... Either way I would think there should be an easy fix for the conversion through flash itself.. So I am hoping to find some answers in regards to this issue..Can this be done in flash? And what are the steps?  I am a designer by trade and 3d artist, not so much a scripting guy...thanks for any help in this matter

• 1. Re: Convert SWF files into HTML5
          rezun8 Level 4

what kind of issues are you having with 9Slice ?  We use Swiffy to convert Flash to HTML5 and havnt had any issues to speak of. There are downsides to converting it such as losing interaction for rollover buttons and other basic interactions but overall the process has been fine and have seen a 30% rise in clickthroughs. The title of the page can be easily changed in a basic text editor.

Another option is to convert the flash file to html straight from Flash itself.

try these links for more info:

Flash Professional Help | Creating and publishing an HTML5 Canvas document

http://www.sizmek.com/assets/pdf/Flash_to_HTML5_Conversion_Tool_Options-_Sizmek.pdf

http://www.statsilk.com/blog/flash-versus-html5-wallaby-and-swiffy-conversion-tools-review

hope this helps you

• 2. Re: Convert SWF files into HTML5
            ClayUUID Adobe Community Professional

joea5283513 wrote:

Either way I would think there should be an easy fix for the conversion through flash itself.

Oh god no. No no no no no. Just... no.

HTML5 offers, at best, a feeble subset of what Flash can do. For all but the most trivial applications, a proper conversion will involve rolling your sleeves up, digging into the original FLA, and attempting to map the Flash implementation to what HTML5 supports. There simply isn't a 1:1 correlation between the two technologies. They don't even use the same scripting language.

• 3. Re: Convert SWF files into HTML5
              joea5283513 Level 1

thank you for your quick response.. the issues with the 9slice are:

* 9Slice is not supported in HTML5 Canvas document, and has been removed in an instance of Movieclip ScrollPane_disabledSkin.

* 9Slice is not supported in HTML5 Canvas document, and has been removed in an instance of Movieclip ScrollPane_upSkin.

* 9Slice is not supported in HTML5 Canvas document, and has been removed in an instance of Movieclip ScrollThumb_downSkin.

* 9Slice is not supported in HTML5 Canvas document, and has been removed in an instance of Movieclip ScrollThumb_overSkin.

* 9Slice is not supported in HTML5 Canvas document, and has been removed in an instance of Movieclip ScrollThumb_upSkin.

* 9Slice is not supported in HTML5 Canvas document, and has been removed in an instance of Movieclip focusRectSkin.

this is a portion of the output..these pages were given to us to get to work in html5.  I did try the command and convert to other documents then published it.  But when trying to view it after publish there is no content, however the file can be viewed through flash itself.  But the actual "publish" does not seem to work.  Swiffy has been the one option we are considering, but the actual extension actually does not work within the cc version we have.  7.2 I believe.  But it seems that the swiffy upload from their site seems to be the only option that we have at this moment.  Since you have used this process have you had any issues while using the actual "swiffy" upload on their site? Currently we are trying to have a couple of options since this project is rather supper large.. thank so much for the response..

• 4. Re: Convert SWF files into HTML5
                joea5283513 Level 1

thank you.. that is a classic answer. its truly a enjoyable process for one that knows very minimal amount of script.  But enough to get by.  If asked to design a layout, color pallete, 3d design etc no problem, this is def out of my comfort, but at the same time very educational.. but I do appreciate you taking the time to respond.

• 5. Re: Convert SWF files into HTML5
                  ClayUUID Adobe Community Professional

joea5283513 wrote:

thank you for your quick response.. the issues with the 9slice are:

That's the exact same issue, repeated six times. 9-slice scaling isn't supported in HTML5 Canvas mode.

Here's a fairly comprehensive list of everything that doesn't work anymore in HTML5 mode:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash/kb/unsupported-features-html5-canvas1.html