7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2016 7:25 AM by Pat Wibbeler

Signature problem after update [iOS]

aquapura

I am experiencing several different signing problems on several different iPad devices we use within our organization. Is there a number I can call to discuss with someone or can someone give me a call

• 1. Re: Signature problem after update
          MobileDeveloperCK Adobe Employee

Hi,

Would you please provide more details about your signing problems so that we can investigate further?

Acrobat Reader for iOS is a free app (with additional features with paid subscriptions).  Unfortunately, phone support is not available for Reader.

What are my contact options?

We'd be happy to work with you to resolve the problems in this user forum.

• 2. Re: Signature problem after update [iOS]
            aquapura Level 1

Hi

Before the latest upgrade we could sign documents by just tapping the pen icon and we would get the option to add signature which was saved. Now we create signature an save it but when we go sign a document the signature comes up with a red minus sign by it only. I have read the help instructions and it shows the options of add signature but we don't get this option. We either have to keep creating it or another individuals signature comes up. It looks as though it is synchronizing across all the iPad's we use within our organization.

We could also modify the thickness of a signature and we can't do this anymore.

Before the upgrade this did not happen?

It was really simple before you could sign a document and the add the signature in other documents with so much ease.

It would be easier to talk to someone rather than type this problem.

Sent from my iPad

• 3. Re: Signature problem after update [iOS]
              Pat Wibbeler Adobe Employee

Thank you for the reply. This helps a lot and I apologize that the changes are causing you issues. I think that there are several issues here so I will try to separate them.

1. Thickness modification - You are right, this is a capability we removed. We opted instead to try to choose a thickness relative to the size of the signature that made sense. We noticed that many users weren't finding the thickness and would often create signatures that were much to thick so we tried to be smart. We've heard feedback from others that this should be fixed and are considering it in a future update. One alternative is to use the camera capture option when creating a signature. This may produce a more natural, pen-like result.
              2. New Signature Placement - Once tapping on the pen icon, if you tap on the existing signature, that signature will be placed on the document. From there, you can tap and move it. It's different than it was before, but we liked that this gives you the capability to see the signature you are placing before you place it.
              3. Deleting a Signature and Creating a new one - The red minus sign allows you to delete the signature. If you would like to create a different signature, then you can use the red minus sign to remove the existing signature and create a new one.
              4. Signature Appears on all iPads - The major improvement we made to the signature capability in this last release was to synchronize your signature with other devices where you are logged in using the same account. The intent is that each user has his/her own (free or paid) account. If you log into each iPad with a different user, each user will have a different signature stored. Are your iPads using a DC Pro or Free subscription? If it is a Free subscription, adding new accounts would be Free. If you are sharing a paid subscription, then you would need additional paid subscriptions to do this. Another option is to choose not to "Save" the signature when you create it.

Pat

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Signature problem after update [iOS]
                aquapura Level 1

Thanks for your reply.

In your last option you mentioned

Not saving the signature. So this would mean you would have to sign each time.

Also we are using a free subscription and we all use the same account. If we have separate free accounts can we still access the same information?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad

• 5. Re: Signature problem after update [iOS]

Not saving the signature. So this would mean you would have to sign each time?

Correct. If you do not save, you would have to sign each time.

Also we are using a free subscription and we all use the same account. If we have separate free accounts can we still access the same information?

It sounds like you may be sharing access to the same files on the Document Cloud or in your Mobile Link recents? If this is the case, then, yes, you would need to use the same account to share this information and thus, each person would share the same signature. This seems a little dangerous though; it is easy to accidentally upload a file with information you might not want shared with your colleagues. If you are careful though, I can see how you might use Document Cloud to share files by sharing an account. The problem is that the Adobe account is designed for an individual, not a team, so all of the features (like Signature) we build for it are designed to be owned by an individual.

If I am understanding what you are trying to do, I can think of one other option that might work:

• In Acrobat Reader, Have each individual create a free Adobe Document Cloud account and log into that (a different account on each device).
                  • In Dropbox, have someone create a dropbox account with all of the files you want to share in a folder.
                  • Have each individual create an individual dropbox account and share the shared folder with them in dropbox.
                  • In Acrobat, have each individual link their individual dropbox account (now containing the shared dropbox folder) with Acrobat.

Creating unique Adobe Document Cloud account ensures that the signature is unique to each individual. Creating the shared Dropbox folder allows you to continue sharing files with each other.

• 6. Re: Signature problem after update [iOS]
                    aquapura Level 1

Thanks for your help

We do a lot of moving documents and renaming from different folders but using drop boxes will not allow us to do this from the iPads. I can see it allows you to do this from a PC.

Thanks

Sonya

Sent from my iPad

• 7. Re: Signature problem after update [iOS]

Ok, I am sorry that it doesn't work for what you want to do. The dropbox app on iOS has capabilities for moving, copying and renaming folders / files, but you are right that you cannot do this from within Acrobat Reader. Would it work to use both apps side by side?

Pat