3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2016 7:57 AM by Jao vdL

Lightroom CC2015.3 hangs consistently

hamish niven Level 2

The last 2 iterations of LR CC have been intermittently hanging, leaving the catalog in an inconsistent state. It has only happened in OSX EL Capitan

It is almost always in the Develop mode but the most recent hangs are :

• changing from one panel to another
      • adjusting the colour balance
      • adjusting a vertical / horizontal transform
      • the next thing I click in LR after closing / saving an image that has been sent to photoshop - this is pretty common.

Typically it is every 4-10 minutes, which takes 90 seconds to restart lightroom - never in the folder / collection was editing in and if I forget to ensure to have the "ALWAYS LOAD xxx AS DEFAULT CATALOG" it will always go to the default, rather than the one I was working on.

I've tried it with the graphics processing on and off, and that makes no difference.

iMac 27" mid 2011

3.1 Ghz / i5

16 Gb 133 DDR3

AMD Radeon HD 6970 M 1024 Mb

Any suggestions would be much appreciated as this constant interruption really slows my editing down by several orders.

• 1. Re: Lightroom CC2015.3 hangs consistently
          Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Are you using any external disks? I had the same sort of hangs on el capitan that turned out to be caused by a USB connector that wasn't pushed in all the way. When Lightroom needed images from that it would lock up completely. Apart from that, I would make sure to clean out the ACR caches both for images and video (Preferences->File handling). If it locks up during purging your video cache it might be another bug for which there is a solution apparently.

• 2. Re: Lightroom CC2015.3 hangs consistently
            hamish niven Level 2

Thanks Jao

I'll check the USB 2 ports now.

I'm also using Thunderbolt - same problem and a USB 3 - thunderbolt adaptor as my iMac is USB2 only.

It does not crash on my MBPro, but i'll try making a library on my internal hard drive and see what happens then.

I'll clean the caches again and see what happens there as well.

I don't use video, so that should not be an issue
            It does not hang - rather just crash out and I often lose my last edit - I should have explained that more clearly in my question

• 3. Re: Lightroom CC2015.3 hangs consistently
              Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

So Lightroom just quits? It's not a complete hang of Lightroom and computer? That's probably not the disks then. This might be one of those very few times that a reinstall is in order.