2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 29, 2016 8:16 PM by mmenocal

Adobe Acrobat X pro won't save pdf files as tiff.

mmenocal

I have adobe acrobat X pro. It came with a CS6 suite. I am trying to perform OCR on a document, but I get an error that says the file contains renderable text. I checked the forums and the only workaround is to save the file as tiff and rebuild the original pdf. I try to save the pdf file as a tiff, the program opens the dialogue asking where I want to save the file and it does nothing.

• 1. Re: Adobe Acrobat X pro won't save pdf files as tiff.
          yatharth vikrams88909384 Level 1

Hi mmenocal,

Please provide the exact dot version of Acrobat Pro & OS installed on your system. Also check if there is any update available for Acrobat pro after going through 'Help > Check for updates'.

If software is up to date try these steps :-

On Windows:-

1.Choose Start, type reg edit in the Start Search,and then press Enter.

2.In the left pane of the Registry Editor, navigate to the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Adobe

3.Remove the Acrobat preferences registry entries.

On MAC :-

1.From finder,please navigate to Go >Go to folder > Library,from here under the preferences folder remove all the ".plist" files for acrobat .

2. Then from Go to folder > ~Library, from here under the preferences folder remove all the ".plist" files for acrobat .

After that check if this happening with all the files or with this particular document & whether the document is on network drive or local.If it's on network drive,move it to local.

Regards,

Yatharth 

• 2. Re: Adobe Acrobat X pro won't save pdf files as tiff.
            mmenocal Level 1

The problem happens with only this document in particular. Other documents work fine.

My version of Acrobat is 10.1.16.13, and I am running Windows 8.1, 64-bit.

I tried to do as you suggested, but there is no registry entry called "preferences" under Adobe Acrobat. I have attached a screen shot of the Acrobat registry entries for your review.

Adobe Registry.gif