2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2016 2:14 AM by bertjeuh88

Huge playbutton shows up on all my handhelds instead of playing video

bertjeuh88 Level 1

So I recently started fiddling with video in a interactive style of comic using Edge Animate.

I was moving ahead really quickly and everything was working fine. I used H264 exports from after effects for my testfiles and they all seemed to work.

Then I started making my animated storyboard for the comic, to test the next phase, using the same sort of exports as in my testfiles, only this time as big as my entire page 1280 x 720.

Now I had my previous apk file that I exported using PhoneGap, working on all my handhelds (phone and tablet) and I updated that with the new version and all of a sudden my video files won't load and it shows a large play Icon in the middle of my screen.

Does anyone have an idea why it's doing that?

Your help would, as usual, be more then welcome!

IMG_20160127_211523[1].jpg

PS: If by the end of my Master year, if I get my Masters degree by finishing this project, I'm seriously gonna owe you guys a lot

• 1. Re: Huge playbutton shows up on all my handhelds instead of playing video
          joel_pau Level 5

Hi,

Your image is correct.

Well, it was answered that question many times.

Mobile OS do not allow to preload audio or video.

For instance, see: iOS-Specific Considerations

I quote again:

User Control of Downloads Over Cellular Networks

In Safari on iOS (for all devices, including iPad), where the user may be on a cellular network and be charged per data unit, preload and autoplay are disabled. No data is loaded until the user initiates it. This means the JavaScript play() and load() methods are also inactive until the user initiates playback, unless the play() or load() method is triggered by user action. In other words, a user-initiated Play button works, but an onLoad="play()" event does not.

• 2. Re: Huge playbutton shows up on all my handhelds instead of playing video
            bertjeuh88 Level 1

It's just odd that my previous version with other videos did work. And when I used the exact same file and imported new videos it seemed to stop working.

But now that I know that it probably comes from the preloading, Im one step closer to finding a solution.

Sorry that I didn't see that answer before, I always do search before I ask questions on this forum. Even within the forum itself, but after a day of looking, I really wanted to know

Thanks anyway!