4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2016 7:18 AM by Szalam

After Effects Initializing MediaCore 13.7

marshal23

Been trying to resolve this since Sunday. After Effects hangs on Initializing MediaCore.

Been through the blog and followed the steps. Hang| Initializing MediaCore | Startup screen | After Effects, Premiere Pro | CS5, CS5.5, CS6

Changing my firewall did not help.

I've read and followed the steps of other posts but nothing seems to be helping.

Contacted Customer support since Sunday & followed their written instructions I think I did this 3 or 4 times. See below

Today I asked if support would perform the steps they asked me to do previously, Once they did and After Effects finally installed... they disconnected before waiting to see if the problem was fixed.

Started in Safe mode after a clean & manual removal of CC, including the registry edits....

To be fair, this is the second set of instructions which are a little different than the first set of instructions. This one mentions removing Microsoft Visual Library... This gets me a little nervous because other Apps I have use these. Which ones I can't be too sure of.

14 hours later This is a really poor (or great) testament to the quality of service I've gotten since this began.

"Instructions for a Clean Uninstallation

- From the Control panel Uninstall all the Applications regarding “Adobe” & “Microsoft Visual Library”

- Under the Windows 7 slab, Follow the manual uninstall document provided (attached document), with this mail.  Delete the links provided with adobe* into them.

- (Go to Run >> regedit)… Delete the last 2 under your registrar. (last 2 links provided in the document)

- Once the steps are completed, restart your computer and Install the Adobe CC Desktop App. "

"Manual Uninstallation For Windows:

%temp%

C:\Program Files\Adobe*

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe*

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe*

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe*

C:\ProgramData\Adobe*

C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe*

C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\com.adobe.*

C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Local\Adobe*

C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\LocalLow\Adobe*

~ Registry Keys ~

*Please take backup of the registry and delete the backup once everything seems to be working fine.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe "

dual core 2.67  i7

System: Fresh install of Windows 10 Home on December 20th 2015, on a brand new Solid state drive.  (This was not an upgrade but a clean install). 6 gigs of ram and a GFX 970.

Quicktime is newer 7.7.9 which I remember only using QT 7.6.1 or something.

After Effects is the only program installed... so no PProHeadless.exe

!After Effects

!MediaCore