5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2016 11:56 PM by mattip69213746

Problems with two displays in Lightroom

mattip69213746

I have two displays and now the better 4K display is second window and the worse display is main window. How can I change them? I want to develop my photos in better display and now it is impossible because only loupe, survey etc are available in 4k display. I tried to get back and use only one monitor (4K) but so far it is impossible because th only way to see Main window is to start the worse display too. What the hell should I do?

Matti Pohjolainen

• 1. Re: Problems with two displays in Lightroom
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I believe managing your displays is a system matter, not an Adobe matter.  If you have a Windows system, go thru the Control Panel and adjust the Display Settings... moving the displays in the diagram as you wish them to be ordered.

Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Display -> Change Display Settings

• 2. Re: Problems with two displays in Lightroom
            ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Turn off the 2nd display in LR, unmaximize the remaining main LR window, drag that window to the bigger monitor, remaximize it.  You can turn on the 2nd monitor, again, if you want and LR will put it on the unoccupied monitor, or at least that's show things work for me on Windows.

• 3. Re: Problems with two displays in Lightroom
              mattip69213746 Level 1

Thank you both Ned and ssprengel. Before I got your answers I tried very hard to get back to my original one monitor system (4K) by trial and error-method. I am not quite sure, if it went this way but at least I think this is what I did: I changed in Control panel my smaller monitor (FullHD) to be the main display and my bigger monitor (4K) to be the second one. Then I started Lightroom and both LR windows (1 and 2) were seen only in FullHD monitor. Then I closed Lightroom, shut down my computer and started it again with only one monitor (4K). And I was back in my original one monitor system. I wasted so much time with this two monitor problem, that I don't dare to try it again so I cannot say for sure, if 'ssprengel-method' would work in my case, but if it works with him, I believe it could be OK with me too. But as said, I will go on with one monitor, I wasted so much time with this problem that it was quite enough for me. What I did seems to be very close to Ned's answer and it solved my problem and I could go on with my better display but if I would have been interested to go on with two monitor system I guess I should do according to ssprengel. So I  mark both to be right answers. Thank you!  

• 4. Re: Problems with two displays in Lightroom
                mattip69213746 Level 1

Thank you both Ned and ssprengel. Before I got your answers I tried very hard to get back to my original one monitor system (4K) by trial and error-method. I am not quite sure, if it went this way but at least I think this is what I did: I changed in Control panel my smaller monitor (FullHD) to be the main display and my bigger monitor (4K) to be the second one. Then I started Lightroom and both LR windows (1 and 2) were seen only in FullHD monitor. Then I closed Lightroom, shut down my computer and started it again with only one monitor (4K). And I was back in my original one monitor system. I wasted so much time with this two monitor problem, that I don't dare to try it again so I cannot say for sure, if 'ssprengel-method' would work in my case, but if it works with him, I believe it could be OK with me too. But as said, I will go on with one monitor, I wasted so much time with this problem that it was quite enough for me. What I did seems to be very close to Ned's answer and it solved my problem and I could go on with my better display but if I would have been interested to go on with two monitor system I guess I should do according to ssprengel. So I  mark both to be right answers. Thank you!  

• 5. Re: Problems with two displays in Lightroom
                  mattip69213746 Level 1