6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2016 5:01 AM by john beardsworth

I am BEYOND frustrated with Adobe lightroom

sabrinr220

I downloaded Adobe light room a couple of hours ago and have not uploaded one thing. I tried to upload a picture to edit and it will need due to low space when I have nothing uploaded on my room I even went ahead and deleted all my pictures and apps on my MacBook thinking that it was the memory on my computer no luck I have deleted and reinstalled it three times still no luck and I'm getting really frustrated. Screen Shot 2016-01-27 at 10.58.50 PM.png

• 1. Re: I am BEYOND frustrated with Adobe lightroom
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi sabrinr,

Please correct the destination folder when import the images in Lightroom,In the above images you are importing images from Creative cloud installer folder.

Refer: How to transfer photos from a hard drive folder to Photoshop Lightroom

Destination Lr.JPG

Regards,

~Mohit

• 2. Re: I am BEYOND frustrated with Adobe lightroom
            Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

You shouldn't be frustrated with LR, you should be frustrated with your lack of knowledge on how LR works and how to work with LR.

In the screen shot you posted in the Folder area of the Library module it shows some folder called "Creative Cloud Installer" and in the error message it lists the same folder. I have no idea what that is.

When you click the Import button the Import dialog window will come up. On the left hand side is an area for selecting the SOURCE of the image you want to Import. Find the drive and folder you want to Import images from. You can select the whole drive and click the Include Subfolder check box and it will search every subfolder on that drive for images. Or you can select just one folder from any drive connected to your computer

At the top of that dialog windows is an area that has Copy as DNG, Copy, Move and Add. If you are importing images that are already of your hard drive you select Add and that will Add those images to the LR catalog and leave them where they are on your hard drive. Once you have that done you click the Import button on the lower right hand side of the window.

If you are trying to get images off a cameras memory card that is either inserted into a card reader or you have the camera connected to the computer with a USB cable you would select Copy or Copy as DNG (your choice but most select Copy). Then over on the right in the Destination area you select the drive and folder you want those images COPIED TO during the importing process. That Destination drive and folder you select to copy the images to must have the proper Folder/File permissions set on it, permissions set so your UserName has Read and Write permissions.

Actually Lightroom is a very easy program to work with once you know the basics. You need to view some of the many online tutorials on how LR works and how to work with LR. You should also consider buying a book on how to use LR.

What LR isn't is a File Manager. It only knows about Drives and Folders you have imported images from. LR is a Database program. No images are IN LR. They are Referenced into the LR catalog file from where the images are on your hard drives.

• 3. Re: I am BEYOND frustrated with Adobe lightroom
              john beardsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Shootistbond007 wrote:

In the screen shot you posted in the Folder area of the Library module it shows some folder called "Creative Cloud Installer" and in the error message it lists the same folder. I have no idea what that is.

On some installations of Mac El Capitan, there is a bug which makes recent program installation folders appear to be drives (until you restart the Mac). If you have that bug, and I do, it's possible to import to these "drives", and you can imagine the consequences if you don't know what you're doing. I think that's what this user is experiencing.

• 5. Re: I am BEYOND frustrated with Adobe lightroom
                Jim Wilde Level 5

john beardsworth wrote:

On some installations of Mac El Capitan, there is a bug which makes recent program installation folders appear to be drives (until you restart the Mac). If you have that bug, and I do, it's possible to import to these "drives", and you can imagine the consequences if you don't know what you're doing. I think that's what this user is experiencing.

Although this bug seems to be OSX-only, I think it's not just El Capitan, John....I've been seeing that ever since I started using OSX running 10.9. It's also not just the recent installation packages either, there always seems to be a "MobileBackups" drive/folder listed as well, which I think is where OSX stores its TimeMachine backups if the designated TM backup drive isn't connected.

• 6. Re: I am BEYOND frustrated with Adobe lightroom
                  john beardsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Thanks for the correction, Jim. I also see MobileBackups.