• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 13.7 update crashes Cinema 4D

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated After Effects to version 13.7 and now when I try to open a new Cinema 4D file I am getting this error message: "Installation Error. CINEMA 4D version (16.038) does not match Resource folder version (16.028)! Please reinstalla CINEMA 4D correctly!" How can I deal with this since Cinema 4D Lite comes with After Effects? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem. The answer by kglad does not help me. What should I change or do in preferences html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

move the preference files to a sub-directory.

restart ae and check that new preference files are created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be more specific?

Where do I find the preferences files? And where should the sub-directory be located? In the preferences files?

Thanks for helping me but I think its a bug in the latest udate. Adobe shoudl come up very soon with a new update. What do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

click the link in message one:

• (Windows) \Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\13.7
  • (Mac OS) /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/13.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well sorry to say but this link cant be found at my PC. So my problem remains and will wait for official response from Adobe AE team. Hopefuly soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(for anyone interested, un-hide hidden files as shown in the message 1 link.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same problem on my PC. I resolved my error by going into the installation directory of Creative Cloud, then into the After Effects CC 2015 folder, Support Files, Plug-ins, MAXON CINEWARE AE, (CINEWARE Support), lite, resource, then opening the version.h with Notepad(or any other plain text editor), and finally editing the only 2 digit into a 3.

I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem.

To start with do advice as Matthew . It was R16.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank Matthew. Will see if this is the solution in my case. But anyway I would like to have a feedback from the Adobe team about the problem and how they will solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it works for me, Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2016 Jan 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks . Sometimes Adobe isn´t aware of these details and you made it. You saved my day bro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks--this worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it works for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2016 Apr 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi how can I go to this folder ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2016 Apr 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2016 Apr 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa...dude!   How in the world did you figure that out?  That's totally insane ~ but it worked like a champ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2016 Apr 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matthew Marlowe

thank you, just follow his instruction, you are creepy awesome how did figure it??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Matthew Marlowe

Thank you for help. Works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 26, 2016 May 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the exact same problem.  Matthew Marlowe's suggestion above worked for me.  I found I had to create a copy and edit outside of the folder where this was located due to administrator restrictions on the folder (PC).  Then I just copied the edited file into the folder and gave administrator permission when the pop-up came up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried deleting and reinstalling AE from zero and now C4D seems to work correctly. The preferences are not the problem, I saved them while uninstalling AE and it works alright.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌i have deletef the updated version of Adobe AE from laptop and then reinstalled the latest version.mnow it works. But  i think this is not service I expect from Adobe when they pushed new versions. But i am happy to continue now with my work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not classify "resetting your preferences" as the correct answer but rather a "possible option". It was a waste of my time getting everything back up and running after the reset and not fixing the issue.

Matthew's response with editing the H file was correct, had to change the "2" to a "3". This appears to be just an issue with 13.7 as I didn't have the issue previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines