1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 3, 2016 10:22 AM by roxy102789

Prosite domain name to Adobe portfolio

TMsprl26

Hi there,

I bought my domain name in Behance Prosite a few years ago. How can I transfer that domain name to my Adobe Portfolio ?

Thanks !

Marc

• 1. Re: Prosite domain name to Adobe portfolio
          roxy102789 Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hey there!

Thanks for getting in touch. Awesome to hear you have started on Portfolio!

To "transfer" your custom URL over to Portfolio, you must remove the IP address associated with ProSite (98.129.62.40) and add your new IP addresses. (see instructions below)

For detailed, step-by-step instructions, be sure to check out our FAQ here (https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/208925318-I-already-have-a-custom-domain-an d-I-want-to-use-it-with-Portfolio-What-should-I-do-)

To summarize, these are the steps to set up a custom domain.

STEP 1

Point your URL to your Portfolio. To do this, you must modify your domain's DNS settings. Completing this is a bit different for each service, but it will likely consist of:

Modifying the default A record for your host name (yoururl.com)

Modifying the A record for your "www" subdomain (www.yoururl.com)

In both of these, set the IP address to the IP address provided to you in Settings > Domain Name (in the Portfolio editor). (Please note: We provide you with two IP addresses. The second IP address is an alternate, and not all DNS providers support two.)

STEP 2

Finally, enter your Custom Domain in the Portfolio editor, in Settings --> Domain Masking. Enter your Custom Domain and click "Add Domain".

Hope this helps clarify. Let me know if you have any further questions!

Best,