2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2016 11:34 AM by Willi Adelberger

El Capitan and CS6 Compatible?

Sam-Mustafa1

I recently upgraded to El Capitan and now InDesign CS6 is all but useless; a thousand interface problems.  Yes, I've tried replacing the Java, which helped a bit for a while, but as of today ID is unusable again.

I downloaded the CC trial and it seems to be working fine.   But there are warnings all over the web, as recently as five days ago, that the 2015 CC apps still aren't compatible with El Capitan.

What's the story here?  Before I upgrade to CC, I need to know.   Thanks in advance for your help.

• 1. Re: El Capitan
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

CS6 has reached EOL and will never be updated to work with El Capitan.

El Capitan, at least from the evidence around here is the worst O/S that Apple has ever released at least when installed as an upgrade. Clean installs and new machines seem to be okay with the newest CC apps. Some are experiencing no issues, but apparently you are not among them.

You’ve already downloaded the trial. Work with it for the month. It won’t cost you a dime and if it’s okay, you have your answer.

• 2. Re: El Capitan
            Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

With the latest CC2015.2 I experience not problems with EL Capitan.

I have also no serious problems with CS6, except that it is slower than it could be.

Most problems with El Capitan I have with my scanner.