• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error E_ADEPT_INTERNAL

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Kobo .acsm book that has worked in the past. Now ADE 4.5.1 shows the error:

Unable to download

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_ADEPT_INTERNAL

I have, of course, tried this: Error "E_ADEPT_INTERNAL" | Download protected e-book | Digital Editions on the computer that had successfully opened this book before, as well as tried installing ADE from scratch on a different computer where ADE had never been installed before, downloaded the .acsm and obtained the same error. I can confirm that the said article does not solve the problem.

How do I open my book?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

So Adobe just filed record revenue of 1.3 billion, but it relies on volunteers like you to support ADE?

OK, thanks Nanaky. For anyone who encounters this same error and is seeking a satisfactory resolution, here's how I managed to solve E_ADEPT_INTERNAL for my current and any future ebooks:

- Go to your ebook seller, tell them the book is not being fulfilled, and ask for a refund

- With the refund, go to a provider whose books do not rely on ADE

- Buy the book from that provider

- Repeat with any oth

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you try it with a other eBook? Sample eBook Library | Adobe Digital Editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sample books work without any problems.

More things I have tried already:

• Windows 10 machine where ADE was installed before
  • Apply this fix Error "E_ADEPT_INTERNAL" | Download protected e-book | Digital Editions on Windows 10 where ADE was installed before
  • Delete the Adept registry branch as above, then then install ADE 3.0
  • Windows 10 machine where ADE had not been installed before
  • Windows 7 machine where ADE had not been installed before

In all cases, I can open sample ebooks without any problems. However, the book I paid for through Kobo always triggers the error E_ADEPT_INTERNAL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you buy all ebooks only in one Shop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but this is the only DRM'd PDF I have to open with ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:
Uninstall Digital Edition.
Remove the Folder My Digital Edition (if you have any ebooks do need should save it out this folder) under your Documents.

Restart the System.

Login as Admin user better you create a new admin.

Then install Digital Edition.

Now try to download a file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have removed My Digital Editions from my Documents folder.

I have run an elevated command prompt and run net user administrator /active:yes to activate the administrative account

I have logged on with the administrator account, installed ADE and downloaded a fresh copy of the .acsm file from Kobo

I have tried to open the file with ADE

The result is the same error message, E_ADEPT_INTERNAL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check if work the same eBooks on a other Device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you refer to other DRM'd ebooks, they all open without issues in other devices, both Win10 and Win7. They are all in epub format.

If you refer to the problem ebook, it doesn't open in any device I have tried, including Win10 that previously didn't have ADE installed, another device that had Win10 previously installed, and a third device with Win7 (see my second post). The problem ebook is in pdf format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems a problem only with PDF files. I will check if work my PDF eBook later. Not we have a problem in the Digital Edition with the last update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So its has work on my Digital Edition without a error message with PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nanaky: Yes, as stated on the first line of my first post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem accidentally to have overlooked. Sorry but no have i no more idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is it? Have I just exhausted all support options provided by Adobe for ADE without a resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No only of me. I'm no Staff person. I have try only help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So Adobe just filed record revenue of 1.3 billion, but it relies on volunteers like you to support ADE?

OK, thanks Nanaky. For anyone who encounters this same error and is seeking a satisfactory resolution, here's how I managed to solve E_ADEPT_INTERNAL for my current and any future ebooks:

- Go to your ebook seller, tell them the book is not being fulfilled, and ask for a refund

- With the refund, go to a provider whose books do not rely on ADE

- Buy the book from that provider

- Repeat with any other problem title

- Uninstall ADE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines