Yes, sample books work without any problems.
More things I have tried already:
- Windows 10 machine where ADE was installed before
- Apply this fix Error "E_ADEPT_INTERNAL" | Download protected e-book | Digital Editions on Windows 10 where ADE was installed before
- Delete the Adept registry branch as above, then then install ADE 3.0
- Windows 10 machine where ADE had not been installed before
- Windows 7 machine where ADE had not been installed before
In all cases, I can open sample ebooks without any problems. However, the book I paid for through Kobo always triggers the error E_ADEPT_INTERNAL.
Do you buy all ebooks only in one Shop?
No, but this is the only DRM'd PDF I have to open with ADE.
Uninstall Digital Edition.
Remove the Folder My Digital Edition (if you have any ebooks do need should save it out this folder) under your Documents.
Restart the System.
Login as Admin user better you create a new admin.
Then install Digital Edition.
Now try to download a file.
I have removed My Digital Editions from my Documents folder.
I have run an elevated command prompt and run net user administrator /active:yes to activate the administrative account
I have logged on with the administrator account, installed ADE and downloaded a fresh copy of the .acsm file from Kobo
I have tried to open the file with ADE
The result is the same error message, E_ADEPT_INTERNAL
Can you check if work the same eBooks on a other Device?
If you refer to other DRM'd ebooks, they all open without issues in other devices, both Win10 and Win7. They are all in epub format.
If you refer to the problem ebook, it doesn't open in any device I have tried, including Win10 that previously didn't have ADE installed, another device that had Win10 previously installed, and a third device with Win7 (see my second post). The problem ebook is in pdf format.
Seems a problem only with PDF files. I will check if work my PDF eBook later. Not we have a problem in the Digital Edition with the last update.
So its has work on my Digital Edition without a error message with PDF files.
Nanaky: Yes, as stated on the first line of my first post.
I seem accidentally to have overlooked. Sorry but no have i no more idea.
So this is it? Have I just exhausted all support options provided by Adobe for ADE without a resolution?
No only of me. I'm no Staff person. I have try only help.
So Adobe just filed record revenue of 1.3 billion, but it relies on volunteers like you to support ADE?
OK, thanks Nanaky. For anyone who encounters this same error and is seeking a satisfactory resolution, here's how I managed to solve E_ADEPT_INTERNAL for my current and any future ebooks:
- Go to your ebook seller, tell them the book is not being fulfilled, and ask for a refund
- With the refund, go to a provider whose books do not rely on ADE
- Buy the book from that provider
- Repeat with any other problem title
- Uninstall ADE