5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2016 4:39 AM by 99jon

If I own Lightroom ver 6 and want to chance to cc what happens to my old version

Photoguy007

If one day I don't want to continue with CC can i still use Ver 6 ?

• 1. Re: If I own Lightroom ver 6 and want to chance to cc what happens to my old version
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

LR CC and 6 are exactly the same program code. You will still own a license to use v6 but if you use the same Adobe ID to buy the subscription it will change from the stand alone version to the Creative Cloud version. Along with that you get all the new features.

If at some point in the future you cancel your subscription you can Re-Register it as the stand alone version.

• 2. Re: If I own Lightroom ver 6 and want to chance to cc what happens to my old version
            Photoguy007 Level 1

Thanks for he info , so if I understand this correctly if one stops I cancel my subscription /pass- on my family will still be able to view my pictures  only they will no longer be able to edit them  I assume this is also the case with Photoshop CC as I own CS6 ?

• 3. Re: If I own Lightroom ver 6 and want to chance to cc what happens to my old version
              99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you cancel your subscription, only the LR Develop Module is disabled. You can still use all the other modules, including Quick Develop in the Library. Obviously this doesn’t apply to the stand-alone version which will always fully function.

• 4. Re: If I own Lightroom ver 6 and want to chance to cc what happens to my old version
                Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

If you already own a License to the 6 version you can continue to use that version as long as you like after you cancel your subscription.

The different versions, CC to 6, is determined by how you Sign In.

If you use an Adobe ID, an email address and password, that is associated with a subscription plan it becomes the CC version.

If you use an Adobe ID that is NOT associated with a subscription plan it becomes the 6 version and you are also asked to enter a serial # and if that serial # is for the Upgrade, as opposed to the Full version, you are also asked to enter a serial # for a previous version. Once you enter the serial number or numbers (current serial # for 6, if you bought the Full version ($149.00), and the serial for previous version if the 6 serial # is an Upgrade number) the program continues to work as it did before minus the extra features being included with the CC version that are not included with the Stand Alone 6 version.

So the bottom line here is to have 2 Adobe ID's. One that "IS" associated with a subscription plan and one that is NOT associated with a subscription plan.

In all honesty I do not know if you can/could use the same exact Adobe ID for both. In that if used your Adobe ID that you used to Buy and Register the 6 version then used that same ID to Buy a subscription plan when you canceled the subscription whether or not you could still use that same ID to Re-register, Sign In and enter serial numbers, the 6 version.

I own both as sometime in the future I might want to or need to cancel my subscription and I used the same Adobe ID to buy both.

• 5. Re: If I own Lightroom ver 6 and want to chance to cc what happens to my old version
                  99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Yes it’s best to create a separate Adobe ID if you are using CC and standalone on the same machine. One other point. CC only features such as Dehaze and Boundary Warp would not be recognized by LR6.