• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

edit object properties?

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2016 Jan 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway to get or set an object's properties with Javascript?

For example, if I wanted to change the text property of a named text caption object while the published lesson is being run, is that possible?

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2016 Jan 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some (many) things ARE possible with JavaScript in Captivate, but text captions in SWF and normal HTML5 (not responsive) are converted to images when published.  So any text they contain is set in stone so to speak.

If you want the text in a caption to dynamically change at run-time, why not insert the text as a variable and then use Advanced Actions to change it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only dynamic text is created on runtime, in text containers that have at least one variable that gets its value after publishing. The static text is converted to images, as a workaround for the fact that Captivate is not embedding fonts. You can see this behavior on Quiz Score slides which have variables on board: use a not so common font in your course, and after publishing you'll see that the score slide will not use that font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone. I hadn't realized that all text was converted to images... that would make it rather difficult to dynamically edit the text after publishing. I'll experiment with using variables for the text I want to change dynamically. Having watched the youtube video on javascript and XML, there are a lot of possibilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources