5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2016 6:13 AM by dj_paige

How do I find the "import" button when importing images from my camera card to my iMac's Lr6? I select both the source and the destination but then can't find "import."

adelineb49622307 Level 1

How do I find the "import" button when importing images from my camera card to my iMac's Lr6? I select both the source and the destination but then can't find "import."  This just started happening.  Is there an update or upgrade that would help with this problem?

• 1. Re: How do I find the "import" button when importing images from my camera card to my iMac's Lr6? I select both the source and the destination but then can't find "import."
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

The import button on the Import dialog window is at the bottom right hand side. If you can't see that button and the other parts of the bottom of the import dialog window then your screen resolution is messed up or you have the screen set to be Zoomed In in some way.

This is what it should look like.

Import window 1.PNG

• 2. Re: How do I find the "import" button when importing images from my camera card to my iMac's Lr6? I select both the source and the destination but then can't find "import."
            adelineb49622307 Level 1

Re: Screenshot of Lr6 import page:  Here is a screen shot of my computer's import page:Screen Shot 2016-01-30 at 5.38.36 PM.png

There are still some problems.  This time I did get the "Import" to show, mostly.  So if I were to go ahead and import the photos shown in the screenshot, I might get some to actually import.  I say "some" because you can see that some of my photos are "greyed over."  I'm not sure that these "greyed" images would import..  Between the time I sent in my Lr6 question and when I picked up your answer (--and thank you for responding!), you can see that I took a few more photos--the ones not greyed out.  These are the ones I think might import properly...not sure about the others, and not sure why they're greyed over.  So that's one of the problems.

Also, if you see the "RAW" section heading at the bottom of the right column, this "RAW" is where I make and select a folder to import the photos into.  But this selection of RAW contents is not letting me see the folders and subfolders which I normally choose from.  Even when I opt to see any subfolders beneath the 7 main folders and 2 subfolders now show, I'm not able to see the folders which I want (contained in a list 2-3 times as large).  Why had this destination list changed?  What can I do to get my old list back so I can import the images to where I want them?

Also, re: the greyed out images--they are still on my camera card because I never clicked to import them.  And now so are the new images, which can be seen clearly.  Why did this happen?  I even wondered if my camera card uploader might be faulty, when I first tried to import the blurry (basketball) images.  Yet now the newer images are clearer, and I am using the same camera card...so apparently it's not the camera card uploader.

I couldn't get the screen image to enlarge any more, so if it's a zoom problem, I need to get instructions on how to change the zoom.

So I''m reluctant to try importing the images that I have--which are shown on the screenshot above.  Should I go ahead and try?  Or do you have some other suggestions for me to try?

I appreciate any helpp you can give me.

Adeline Brenneise

• 3. Re: How do I find the "import" button when importing images from my camera card to my iMac's Lr6? I select both the source and the destination but then can't find "import."
              Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Grab the Title bar of the LR program window and Drag it to the Left, it is partially off the screen to the right (can't you see that?).

The Grayed out images are ones that are already in the LR catalog (or so LR thinks). So you did import those images already and didn't format the memory card before taking more images. Set the Sort order (LR calls it just Sort: and it is in the Tool Bar) to Capture Time to display images by the Date and Time they were taken then at the top of the left hand panel in the Library module under the Catalog heading click "All Photographs" and at either the top or the bottom of the Grid view area you should find those Greyed out images. They will also be at either the far left or far right of the Film Strip area depending on what you have the Sort Direction set to, Ascending or Descending.

I also suggest you get a Card Reader, or use the SD card slot on your Mac, and take the card out of the camera when you want to Copy images to your Mac's Hard Drive and Import images into LR at the same time.

But your major problem is the LR program window is on fully on screen.

• 4. Re: How do I find the "import" button when importing images from my camera card to my iMac's Lr6? I select both the source and the destination but then can't find "import."
                adelineb49622307 Level 1

Hello.  Thank you for your response.  Getting closer to resolution as my brain is stretched. 

I don't remember importing the basketballl pictures into LR6, but I must have.  My problem is now locating them.  When I go to the LR File menu at top and select Open Catalog, I am taken to a place where the DING photos show but are all greyed out again.  Does this mean that they are deleted from my computer since I can't locate this file?  If so, is there a way to recover them? Or are they possibly now in a different catalog?  If so, though, they they probably wouldn't be showing up under "2016" in the same list.  Whatever, I cannot access them.

Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 5.38.09 AM.png

If I can't recover them, then I'll just have to chalk that up to experience.  Perhaps you can direct me to instructions for uploading files so I can check my method?

And I guess the now abbreviated list of destinations is actually showing the main headings on my destination external drive, so that was my problem...not understanding what I was seeing. 

Again, thank you for your help.

Adeline Brenneise

• 5. Re: How do I find the "import" button when importing images from my camera card to my iMac's Lr6? I select both the source and the destination but then can't find "import."
                  dj_paige Level 9

First, you don't go to File->Open Catalog to find photos in your catalog. You go to the Library Module (press G), then click on All Photographs (it's on the left hand side under Catalog) and then use the Filter Bar or other tools to search for one of your photos by file name.