3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2016 11:11 AM by Gravenstein

RH9 activation?

LeyblB

I’ve just inherited a copy of RoboHelp 9 from the previous technical writer who worked at our company a few years ago.

The computer she was using has long since been reformatted, etc.

I installed on a new computer, loaded the original serial number - and it was accepted.

However, when I’m asked to activate or enter my Adobe ID, the screen says “Network error. Please try again later” – even though I have full access to the internet.

I am on a Windows 7 Pro OS, and using Office 2010 (WORD) as my documentation development environment.

I also installed the 9.0.2 update – are there any more recent ones?

It looks like I can still work with the program, but when I generate a Webhelp test file and try a preview, all I get is a flickering line at the top of the screen.

I would appreciate some help getting straightened out.

Thanks

Leybl Botwinik, Documentation manager

Evolven Software.

• 1. Re: RH9 activation?
          Jeff_Coatsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don’t think there were any more for RH9, but you can check the Adobe downloads page directly to see. However, you biggest problem is that RH9 is really, really old now & hasn’t been patched for browser security updates that are killing your WebHelp. There are band-aid measures that can be done to RH10 generated WebHelp, but the real solution is to upgrade to RH2015.

• 2. Re: RH9 activation?
            LeyblB Level 1

Thanks Jeff.

I've had IT prepare a virtual machine with Windows 7 and Office 2007.

I've reinstalled there and it seems to be working.

I still can't contact Adobe via RH9 - it gives me a "Can't connect to Network" error - so my installation may freeze up whenever the licensing timeout mechanism kicks in... but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Be well.

• 3. Re: RH9 activation?
              Gravenstein Level 2

You may be able to get RH9 activated by calling Adobe Support. I ran into something like that before, and they were able to help.

G