4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2016 11:58 AM by toresak91

time stretch

toresak91

I have Premiere Elements 14 running on Windows 10 and have problem with Time Stretch. I understand that this problem have been addressed earlier. What I have seen is that the Time Stretch works OK with of the clips in the beginning of the movie, but when I reach the end of my movie, I run into problem. The Time Stretch have changed how it work and when I ask for 114% Time Stretch (and I have always used unchained), I got 103.49%. And the last part of the movie is removed from the clip. Earlier in the clips I got the whole part, but the number of frames has been changed so it works in the space I have for the clip. But not now. This is not only connected to one movie, I have not found that works correctly when I reach the end of the movie. So what to do next?

• 1. Re: time stretch
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I'm not clear what you mean by "I have always used unchained".

But that said, are you saying that when you speed up a clip, a portion of the clip is missing?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what resolution is it?

• 2. Re: time stretch
            Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Let me see if I got this right.

You want to increase the speed of the clip but want to leave the duration of that clip the same?

Is the full clip on the timeline or is it trimmed?

Steve: Unchained as in unlinked : the speed and duration in time stretch are no longer linked.

• 3. Re: time stretch
              toresak91 Level 1

I do not know how much you are using "Time Stretch", but I have used it a lot starting with Premiere Pro 1.5 under Windows XP, later using Premiere Elements 10 and now 14. I have made movies and sound files from old sound 8 mm movies. The movie format is avi. The picture and sound files have different time scale because of I had to do it in two separate operations. Then I have to adjust the picture part of the movie to the sound part. I do not do any change to the sound (mp3 or VAW) file. The picture part is slower or longer than the sound part so I have to reduce the speed of the picture part. That work almost OK in premiere elements 14, but something goes wrong after working with the clips after some time and always when I reach the last clip at the end of the movie.

I work with the movie and sound part separate so I have to use the unchained possibility under "Time Stretch" not to involve the other clips, I only want to work on the movie part in the clip and not involving other clips.

I think it is some errors in the program or somebody have to explain for me how to work correct with these things.

Regards Tore Saksvikronning

• 4. Re: time stretch
                toresak91 Level 1

I will try to answer:

You want to increase the speed of the clip but want to leave the duration of that clip the same?

I have a clip of the picture part in the movie and want only to increase the speed of this part so I can have the whole movie part in less space in the timeline.

Is the full clip on the timeline or is it trimmed?

I have several clips in the movie and no of them are trimmed. The only trimming I want is to do is changing the speed of the picture part.

For your information I have the following answer to Steve Grisetti on the following questions:

I'm not clear what you mean by "I have always used unchained".

But that said, are you saying that when you speed up a clip, a portion of the clip is missing?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what resolution is it?

I do not know how much you are using "Time Stretch", but I have used it a lot starting with Premiere Pro 1.5 under Windows XP, later using Premiere Elements 10 and now 14. I have made movies and sound files from old sound 8 mm movies. The movie format is avi. The picture and sound files have different time scale because of I had to do it in two separate operations. Then I have to adjust the picture part of the movie to the sound part. I do not do any change to the sound (mp3 or VAW) file. The picture part is slower or longer than the sound part so I have to reduce the speed of the picture part. That work almost OK in premiere elements 14, but something goes wrong after working with the clips after some time and always when I reach the last clip at the end of the movie.

I work with the movie and sound part separate so I have to use the unchained possibility under "Time Stretch" not to involve the other clips, I only want to work on the movie part in the clip and not involving other clips.

I think it is some errors in the program or somebody have to explain for me how to work correct with these things.

Regards Tore Saksvikronning