9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2016 5:30 AM by matthiash91759386

LR 5.7.1 with 4k external monitor

matthiash91759386

Hello,

I have recently purchased an expensive, high end setup for image processing:

a) Dell XPS 15 9550 Notebook with 16GB RAM, 500GB internal SSD, and a calibrated internal 4K display with Full Adobe RGB gamut

b) Dell UP3216Q UltraSharp 32" 4K calibrated external monitor with Full Adobe RGB gamut

I am using Lightroom 5.7.1 on my internal display to my satisfaction; which leads me to the assumption that the setup is in principle perfectly capable of handling Lightroom 5.7.1. with a 4K resolution.

However, once I connect my external display and move my Lightroom 5.7.1. window onto the external display, Lightroom instantly gets unusably slow. Resizing/cropping takes approx. 1 second to follow my mouse movements, using any sliders also has a lag of about 1 second, and so on.

I have the external monitor connected via an USB3.0-to-DisplayPort adaptor, could this be a problem?

Why is my system capable of handling 4K Lightroom on an internal display but not on an external display? What could be the cause of this problem and what could be possible solutions?

Thanks and best regards,

Matthias Höller