3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2016 11:27 AM by mrsmao51

How do I fix Indesign Crashing upon saving a document?

4shadow

Hello...When I open and try to save a document in Indesign CC. Indesign keeps crashing and I get this warning: "The network connection was lost for the file AUMIAPopupViewController.nib, or the file was modified by another process."

Does anyone know how I can fix this or what may be causing the issue?? Thanks, in advance. I have un-installed and re-installed Indesign and still getting the warning...

• 1. Re: How do I fix Indesign Crashing upon saving a document?
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Operating system? The message about "network connection" might suggest that you're opening up a file on a file server. What if you open up a file on your local drive?

• 2. Re: How do I fix Indesign Crashing upon saving a document?
            4shadow Level 1

Hi Steve

Thanks for your response!  My operating system is OSX El Capitan 10.11.1... I thought I was working locally. I am not having this issue with Illustrator CC or Photoshop CC.

This is the second error message I have been getting:

"Adobe Indesign is shutting down. A serious error was detected. Please restart Indesign to recover work in any unsaved InDesign documents."

I have un-installed and re-installed Indesign and I still am receiving the same two error messages. They also don't have an error message number so researching a fix it is hard.

• 3. Re: How do I fix Indesign Crashing upon saving a document?
              mrsmao51

hi-I am also having these same problems for months along with a couple other designers I work with and our IT dept. can't seem to help. It is driving me crazy! I've tried deleting InDesign preferences and also run a program called ONYX weekly or more often to get things to work sometimes and sometimes this doesn't help. This is only happening with InDesign files and I am on the most current version of everything Creative cloud. Any help out there?

thanx-Michele