4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2016 12:09 PM by f3arl37664746

timer and progress bar

f3arl37664746

hie everyone need a help related to timer, like we watch some music videos in which timer runs with the music, wait here is a link for a sample : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjGFDngVSrE .and the other thing is i want to add progress bar, which will fill up till the music gets end from the start.

well i am using after effects as well as premiere pro in these days thanks

• 1. Re: timer and progress bar
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

In Premiere Pro, there is the Timecode effect. You could use a garbage matte to knock off the parts of it you don't want.

In After Effects, you have the Numbers effect which you could keyframe (or use the time expression).

For a loading bar, just make a shape layer and scale it over time in the x direction.

Since you're new to AE, you should start here: Getting started with After Effects It will help you avoid a lot of frustration.

• 2. Re: timer and progress bar
            f3arl37664746 Level 1

thanks, it helped me nm, if you have any video tutorials on these 2 subjects it would be great for me i am confuse about timer, actually i want to add timer in my song, with minutes and sec. only, should i use premiere or ae and how ?

• 3. Re: timer and progress bar
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can do that with After Effects and the numbers effect. Just play with it a bit.

Before you do that though, please go through the resources I linked. If you try to use AE without getting a basic understanding of how it works, you're just going to get frustrated.

• 4. Re: timer and progress bar
                f3arl37664746 Level 1

Here Is A Code That I've Got From Youtube, I Dont know Which Language Is That, but it helped me. got to paste in in source text after creating text " 00:00 " and now its working.. thanks tho

sek = Math.floor(time%60);

min = Math.floor(time/60);

if(min<10)

{

"0" + min +":" + sek;

}

else

{

min +":" + sek;

}

if(sek<10)

{