2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2016 12:47 PM by cflnest

Convert Premiere Clip Project to Premiere Pro Project Fails...What am I doing wrong?

cflnest Level 1

I created my first Premiere Clip on my iPad and now want to refine the project in Premiere Pro. I watched the "Refine a Premiere Clip video in Premiere Pro" and carefully followed all the steps, but something is wrong.

Although the XML file (and Media folder) shows up in my CC Assets it isn't available to Premiere Pro CC (2015.2) when I choose "Convert Premiere Clip Project...".

I've been able to import a rough-cut MP4 video, but cannot edit the actual project. I've tried re-sending the project (each time the "Sent OK" confirmation appears) & restarting PP, but that does not help. I'm signed into my Adobe CC account on all devices.

Really did enjoy working with Premiere Clip, but the app is of limited use to me if I can't send clip projects to Premiere Pro successfully. Help appreciated.

Thank you,

Felicia Lovelett

• 1. Re: Convert Premiere Clip Project to Premiere Pro Project Fails...What am I doing wrong?
          bronwyn-lewis Adobe Employee

Hi Felicia,

Sorry you are having trouble! Do you have the Creative Cloud desktop app installed, with file syncing turned on? This will sync your Premiere Clip projects and media locally to your computer, allowing Premiere Pro to open them. (If you are only syncing to your CC Assets storage on the web, Premiere Pro is not able to access them.)

From the Creative Cloud desktop app in your menu bar, click on the gear icon and then Preferences. Click on the Files tab and make sure that Sync is on. Here is also where you can see the location of your Creative Cloud folder on your computer. When you choose "Convert Premiere Clip Project" from Premiere Pro, it should point to this folder on your machine.

Please let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

Bronwyn

• 2. Re: Convert Premiere Clip Project to Premiere Pro Project Fails...What am I doing wrong?
            cflnest Level 1

Hi Bronwyn,

Problem solved! I had all the Creative Cloud settings synced but file syncing was turned OFF.

Perhaps adding a note about CC file syncing in the Clip FAQ or tutorials would help other users.

Thanks so much,

Felicia

1 person found this helpful