5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2016 11:49 AM by Chetna Srivastava

Lightroom not syncing

euckilla

Lightroom failed to sync after I did a restore of my MBP. It hung up with around 2,400 photos left to sync. I deleted the data under preferences>Lightroom mobile hoping that would reset it but to no avail. No it simply will not sync.

• 1. Re: Lightroom not syncing
          Chetna Srivastava Adobe Employee

Hi euckilla,

Did you reinstall Lightroom after restoring ?

Would suggest you to follow below instructions :

• Quit Lightroom
          • Open Finder
          • Click on Go menu > choose Go to folder
          • Type ~/library and hit Go
          • Follow the path : Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data
          • Rename sync.lrdata to sync-old.lrdata
          • Launch Lightroom and enable the sync and check if you are able to sync.

Regards,

Chetna

• 2. Re: Lightroom not syncing
            euckilla Level 1

You rock Chetna! Wish I would have asked here first, could have saved myself a lot of heartache. Going to take a while to sync all these photos, but it appears to be working. Should I have reinstalled lightroom after restoring? I haven't used an Apple since my IIc when I was a kid, so I'm starting all over again. Really appreciate the clear instructions. Thank you.

• 3. Re: Lightroom not syncing

You're welcome.

Glad to hear its syncing for you now.

Yes, you should have reinstalled Lightroom initially after restoring.

Its fine if it is working fine for you. You can let it be as for now.

• 4. Re: Lightroom not syncing
                euckilla Level 1

Unfortunately it's still hanging up this morning, so I'm going to take your advice and re install it. Can you tell me how I should go about that so I don't lose any of my work? I'm leaving the country tomorrow for my kid's hockey tournament and it would be great if I could share the photographs with everyone back home.

• 5. Re: Lightroom not syncing

You will not loose your work if you will reinstall the program as the catalog would remain as is and it would not be affected.