3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2009 2:38 PM by Newsgroup_User

Page Selection Error

Old Jag
      Several of us are experiencing repeated errors in Fireworks CS4 inder Vista (Service Pack 1). The error reads

Could not change page selection
      An error occurred.

Different things happen for different people. In my case, the page selected actually changes ond I only get the irritating error message every time I change pages. For others, the error message is followed by a system sound, keyboard shortcuts being disabled, and crashing.

All of us have tried reinstallation and combing the forums for any assistance to no avail. If anyone has any ideas, we would appreciate them.

We all have the same hardware - an HP 6910p with 4 GB ram and 150GB hard drives, most with over half of the hard drive space available. The laptops have ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 video and all have external 21" monitors as well.
        • 1. Re: Page Selection Error
          Level 7
          Old Jag,
          Is this on different files?
          All files?

alex

Old Jag wrote:
          > Several of us are experiencing repeated errors in Fireworks CS4 inder Vista
          > (Service Pack 1). The error reads
          >
          > Could not change page selection
          > An error occurred.
          >
          > Different things happen for different people. In my case, the page selected
          > actually changes ond I only get the irritating error message every time I
          > change pages. For others, the error message is followed by a system sound,
          > keyboard shortcuts being disabled, and crashing.
          >
          > All of us have tried reinstallation and combing the forums for any assistance
          > to no avail. If anyone has any ideas, we would appreciate them.
          >
          > We all have the same hardware - an HP 6910p with 4 GB ram and 150GB hard
          > drives, most with over half of the hard drive space available. The laptops have
          > ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 video and all have external 21" monitors as well.
          >
          • 2. Page Selection Error
            Old Jag Level 1
            different files - and yes, all of them.
            • 3. Re: Page Selection Error
              Level 7
              Old Jag,

It definitively sounds like a hardware/software issue. If I were in your
              shoes I would call Adobe tech support.

alex

Old Jag wrote:
              > different files.