3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2016 7:29 PM by Bill Gehrke

howto optimize a laptop for premiere?

arneapeland

I have a Laptop, Asus Zenbook UX305F, working good With all other Things i do, but lagging alot when I try to edit video.

It is a Intel CoreM CPU

and Intel HD graphic 5300 video driver

8GB ram

256 GB SSD

Tryed to update both display driver, and Intel turbo boost

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: howto optimize a laptop for premiere?
          cc_merchant Level 4

Get a new more powerful laptop.

• 2. Re: howto optimize a laptop for premiere?
            TL2121 Level 1

arn

you need to have GPU for Mercury playback to speed performance, (you may need a better processor, I'm not sure what speed is it? how many cores? intel core m is vague to me)

below is the link for gpu mercury playback--obviously it would have been easier to have looked at that before purchasing the laptop, but now you can get one of the display cards recommended for GPU accel and install it yourself or have a local cpu store do it for you.

Recommended AMD and NVIDIA video adapters for GPU acceleration

Premiere Pro System Requirements for Mac OS and Windows

Hope you find the answer to this--you indeed may have to spring for as cc merchant states "new more powerful laptop" if your proc is not up to par

Tony

• 3. Re: howto optimize a laptop for premiere?
              Bill Gehrke Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Your Asus Zenbook UX305F has USB 3.0 ports.  Since you cannot upgrade the CPU or a GPU, you could try to improve you other weakness, storage.  Premiere thrives on multiple storage devices.  Now you have an SSD for everthing.  Try buying one of the new Samsung T1 USB 3.0 SSD's and put all your project,media, preview files on the USB drive and you may improve your performance a bit.  Here is the performance I get on the my 500 GB T1:

I regularly use my  Samsung T1's (I have three now) editing on my. much more powerful laptop than yours but the only thing I can think of that might help a little, and it would be very usable with any future computer that you might buy.  I recently saw that a 250GB version at B&H is only $85