1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 26, 2006 4:20 AM by James Newton, ACP

Property List Question

theplant
      I have a (nested) Property List set up (with lists within it) and I'm wanting to know if I can substitute one of the names a sub list with a property behaviou variable. I'm wanting to return the names from the list and put these into a text field - the list will be huge so I don't want to write a separate behaviour for each time I reference the list to find a name and would like to do it via a bahaviour.
      For example the main list using dot syntax could be referenced like this
      gControlList.sectionHeading.subSection1.getPropAt(1) -- to find the first property of the subSection list
      And what I'm wanting to do is update or swap this so that I can check the 'subSection' property with a variable sent from a behaviour (from a getPropertyDescription thing) For example:
      set x = subSection2 (this would be set via the behaviour so I can get the values/names from the Property List)
      gControlList.sectionHeading.x.getPropAt(1)
      So is it possible to get the 'x' into the list so its actually referencing SubSection2? I'm wanting to return the names from the list and put these into a text field - the list will be huge so I don't want to write a separate bahaviour for each time I reference the list to find a name and would like to do it via a bahaviour
      I can't find a way to do this - any help would be appreciated - Thanks