1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 2, 2016 11:03 AM by rob day

Slightly Different Color Saturation/Tint in InDesign Preview?

ibrahmad

Hello guys,

I'm new to use InDesign and I'm encountered an issue around color display just today. Just to be clear, I'm using InDesign CS6 and my document intent is set to print.

As a starter, below is a cropped image of the .png file I'm using. The image have no transparency and the background's orange color code is (R : 255, G : 51, B : 0). I'm using the same orange color as a theme color in this project.

2.png

Now, here's a detail what I did, to make it easier to understand, I'll describe it in short lines.

- (See picture below) In page 1, I made a rectangle filled with the same orange color code. Then I'm placing the .png image into page 2.

- For unknown reason, the color of the rectangle and the .png placed before is different, it's like the preview are converted to CMYK profile. I thought this is how InDesign works at first.

- Because I'm using the same layout for certain pages, I copied everything from page 1 & 2 to page 5 & 6.

- I found out that the color of the rectangle and placed .png image is different compared to page 1 & 2. The color in page 5 & 6 is exactly the same with the original .png color.

- I made a screen capture of page 1 & 2 and page 5 & 6 and test it in Photoshop, and it is indeed a different color.

- Surprisingly, if I place the rectangle and the linked image on other pages, example : page 3 & 4, the color remains as vivid as the original, unlike in page 1 & 2.

- When I export the file to .pdf (using High Quality Print profile), the orange color in the exported .pdf pages will have about the same color as the page 1 & 2.

1.png

*note : I'm using high quality display performance, you may need to see closely to see the difference. The green text is made in Photoshop.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening and how to resolve it?

Also I apologize if there's a thread about this before, but I can't seem to find any that helps with my issue so I had to ask here.

• 1. Re: Slightly Different Color Saturation/Tint in InDesign Preview?
          rob day Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          The image have no transparency and the background's orange color code is (R : 255, G : 51, B : 0). I'm using the same orange color as a theme color in this project.

If there's any transparent object on the spread, the document's Transparency Blend Space is used to display the spread. If you want to keep the blend space as CMYK, make sure Overprint or Separation preview is turned on, or set your blend space to RGB—Edit>transparency Blend Space