3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2016 4:06 PM by GreyCatDot

My Indesign constantly stops responding

heidis6262802

My Indesign constantly stops responding, making me force quit the application and lose work. I have tried updating, restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling creative cloud, nothing works?

• 1. Re: My Indesign constantly stops responding
          jamiecroft

I am having the same problem. Ugh.  When I do get it to start up it takes forever to finally start up.  Most times I have to force quit and start over at starting indesign back up.

Also, if I shut down computer I have to reset the preferences for units every time.

This has been going on for several months.

• 2. Re: My Indesign constantly stops responding
            Phoenician1 Level 1

I'm ALSO having this issue CONSTANTLY. 

Just for kicks 'n giggles, I just used my iPhone to run an informal test.  I'm working on a simple project, taking a pre-existing 48-page catalog and deleting sections of it to create a series of "mini-catalogs".  All I'm doing is deleting groups of pages, saving the remaining pages (typically 3-6) under a new name, closing the file and re-opening the original document.  Rinse and repeat. According to my computer clock, it took me from 10:00am until 10:12am to save two such mini-catalogs; according to the stopwatch on my iPhone, 7 minutes and 9 seconds of that time was spent waiting for the Technicolor Pizza of Patience to stop spinning.  NO EMPLOYER CAN AFFORD THIS KIND OF DELAY.

Similar delays are being experienced on Photoshop and Illustrator, but I spend most of my time in ID, so that's where the problem is the worst for me.

Currently running a mid-2015 iMac, OS 10.10.5 (Yosemite), 3.3 GHZ i5 proc, 8GB DDR3 RAM. Our internet connection is sufficiently robust. This machine and setup are ENTIRELY CAPABLE of running the Creative Cloud suite.  A less-capable version of this same machine ran the CS6.x suite for years without issue.

Adobe, PLEASE ADDRESS this problem, and at least suggest workarounds if an actual solution is beyond you for the moment.

• 3. Re: My Indesign constantly stops responding
              GreyCatDot

Same here on all fronts. I might have to use my lappy to do a really simple project.

For me, most recent ID and Mac - Yosemite. Prefs dumped, uninstall, reinstall. Defrag. Turn all fonts off in Font Book. Signed out and back in of CC app. Nothing. Will try to dump opm.db but not optimistic.

This slow down/not responding/won't open thing has TONS of forum posts. When will they address us?