1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 3, 2016 10:56 AM by HelplessWhenBroken

Mouse issues in AE CS6

HelplessWhenBroken

Started today out of no where.  AE CS6 on Mac OSX El Capitan (no new updates) suddenly interpreting mouse incorrectly.  Only happening with AE.  Initial click has mouse in correct spot but in nanosecond software says it's down and slightly to right of actual location.  This keeps me from being able to open the drop-down controls per comp and layer on timeline to affect location, motion, scale, rotation etc.  Because initial interpretation of click is correct but then claims it to have moved, a simple click on a clip in timeline is interpreted as a select and move down causing layers to move.

I have tried uninstalling the software and re-installing, including obtaining the necessary Adobe for Mac OS X 10.9 or newer update.

I'm not finding any other mentions of this issue.  Please help.

I am running OS X El Capitan version 10.11.3 on an iMac Retina 5k 24GB memory, AMD Radeon R9 4096mb

• 1. Re: Mouse issues in AE CS6
          HelplessWhenBroken Level 1

Solved it.

I deleted/reset preferences for the program by holding down COMMAND-OPTION-SHIFT when booting the software.  It asks to confirm deleting preferences.  It seems to have fixed the issue.  Not sure what would have caused them to get messed up in the first place, and hopefully this doesn't happen regularly.