1) Right click on the Finder icon on dock and select "Go-To Folder" option.
2) You will get a text box, type-in below mentioned command and then hit 'Return' key.
3) It will open the etc folder, please look for file named "hosts" and copy the same to Desktop screen.
4)Double click on Hosts file , it will open it with TextEdit,
Check whether you can see any Adobe related entries inside Hosts file like 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com.......etc??
Thank you for getting back to me, I have checked the hosts file and see the following Adobe entries...
That is the cause of issue, Adobe entries with loop back address.
- Remove all entries which has adobe name . Then close the Textedit , it will Autosave.
- Make sure there are no Adobe entries inside .
- Then copy and paste the Hosts file back to Etc folder .
- We are replacing edited hosts file which we had copied to Desktop with the original Hosts file inside Etc folder.
- When prompted , Authenticate with Mac password ,
- Make sure to select Replace option ..
- Once you has replaced Hosts file , double click on it again and check whether Hosts file is free from Adobe entries.
- If yes. launch Creative Cloud application and load Apps list and check.