3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2016 3:40 AM by Brucgovn

Creative Cloud manager asking me to purchase Lightroom

Renay Fitch

Hi all

So I have a quick question regarding Lightroom and Creative cloud manager. On my main machine I have lots of the CC apps installed and everything runs fab, however on my secondary Mac I am trying to run Lightroom but have run into a problem. I installed creative cloud software and downloaded and installed Lightroom, I am all signed into my Adobe account and assumed that I would be able to run the CC apps on a second machine as long as the primary Mac didnt have the software open on it. But in the CC manager I am seeing a 'Buy Now' option rather than the usual 'Open'

I have tried signing out and back in again but nothing has changed.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

So I can now run Lightroom but apparently only for the next 27 days in trial mode. I have also tried to go through the License software option, but get to a point where I am asked to enter a serial number which as far as Im aware one doesn't get with CC, I certainly don't recall receiving any serial numbers at any point:(

Many thanks

Ren

• 1. Re: Creative Cloud manager asking me to purchase Lightroom
          Brucgovn Adobe Community Professional

1) Right click on the Finder icon on dock and select "Go-To Folder" option.
          2) You will get a text box, type-in below mentioned command and then hit 'Return' key.

/etc

3) It will open the etc folder, please look for file named "hosts" and copy the same to Desktop screen.

4)Double click on Hosts file , it will open it with TextEdit,

Check  whether you can see any Adobe related entries inside Hosts file like 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com.......etc??

• 2. Re: Creative Cloud manager asking me to purchase Lightroom
            Renay Fitch Level 1

Thank you for getting back to me, I have checked the hosts file and see the following Adobe entries...

127.0.0.1 lmlicenses.wip4.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 lm.licenses.adobe.com

Ren

• 3. Re: Creative Cloud manager asking me to purchase Lightroom
              Brucgovn Adobe Community Professional

That is the cause of issue, Adobe entries with loop back address.

• Remove all entries which has adobe name . Then close the Textedit , it will Autosave.
              • Make sure there are no Adobe entries inside .
              • Then copy and paste the Hosts file back to Etc folder . 
              • We are replacing edited hosts file which we had copied to Desktop with the original Hosts file inside Etc folder.
              • When prompted , Authenticate with Mac password ,
              • Make sure to select Replace option ..
              • Once you has replaced Hosts file , double click on it again and check whether Hosts file is free from Adobe entries.
              • If yes. launch Creative Cloud application and load Apps list and check.