7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2017 6:32 AM by vikask3508

MAM policy not working for the Adobe Acrobat for Intune on iOS

kimmob

I'm using Intune for mobile management. Have defined a Mobile Application Management policy for both Android and iOS. Also just configured the new Adobe Acrobat for Intune, thinking that this version will support MAM policies on Intune (as has been announced). On Android Acrobat works OK, and I can define a MAM policy for the Android version, and it also works with other MAM controlled applications. For the iOS version of Adobe Acrobat for Intune I cannot define a MAM policy when deploying the app (as I can for the Android version), and the app does NOT work properly with other MAM controlled applications.

What is wrong? Does the iOS version NOT support MAM policies yet? If not, why, and when will it support them?

Cheers,

Kimmo

• 1. Re: MAM policy not working for the Adobe Acrobat for Intune on iOS
          Spabtoast

Hi,

I am also having the same issue as Kimmo. There doesn't seem to be any information regarding this.

Thanks

Darrin

• 2. Re: MAM policy not working for the Adobe Acrobat for Intune on iOS
            Rishi_Oberoi Adobe Employee

Hi,

It would be of great help if you could you specify which MAM policy is not working for Acrobat Intune on iOS.

When you say "For the iOS version of Adobe Acrobat for Intune I cannot define a MAM policy when deploying the app", are you not seeing the option to apply MAM policies in the console?

Are you also referring to the support of MAM policies by the application running on a device which is not managed? Acrobat Intune only supports the MAM policies when the device is managed by the system.

We would like to understand the exact problem. Please attach screenshots and workflows to communicate the issue. This will help us in triaging the problem.

Thanks,

Rishi Oberoi

• 3. Re: MAM policy not working for the Adobe Acrobat for Intune on iOS
              shoaibkhan

Hi Rishi,

You got it right that's exactly the issue...add me to the list.

See attached snapshot there is no option to assign a MAM policy to it Adobe Reader for MS Intune.adobemap.JPG

Regards

Shoaib

• 4. Re: MAM policy not working for the Adobe Acrobat for Intune on iOS
                Rishi_Oberoi Adobe Employee

The issue should be resolved with the latest deployment of Microsoft Intune and now Adobe Acrobat should be identified as a managed app in the system.

Please let us know if you still face issues.

Thanks,

Rishi

• 5. Re: MAM policy not working for the Adobe Acrobat for Intune on iOS
                  chptrrk

Adobe Acrobat for Intune is still not shown in the list of available managed apps for either iOS or Android with Microsoft's Intune portal in Azure. I was able to get Android to work by adding com.adobe.reader.intune to the list of "Targeted apps" in my Android App Policy.

The iOS bundle ID, which appears to be com.adobe.acrobatdc.intune, does not allow Acrobat for Intune to be considered a "Managed App".

Any help would be appreciated.

• 6. Re: MAM policy not working for the Adobe Acrobat for Intune on iOS
                    Martijn©

Rishi, we also have this issue in our company

and currently a potential 3800 iOS devices cannot use Adobe Acrobat Reader for Intune anymore !

It seems that Adobe ignored this message from Microsoft from July :

Plan for Change: Rewrap your LOB apps on iOS with the latest app wrapper
                    MC110419 - Plan For Change - Published On : July 20, 2017
                    Action required by August 31, 2017

We recently reached out to have you rewrap your iOS line of business (LOB) apps with an updated version of the Intune App Wrapping Tool for iOS.
                    We requested a rewrap by end of August so that we can merge the MAM and MDM policy channels. However, we have also been testing iOS 11 beta to ensure readiness when iOS 11 releases.
                    iOS 11 will require rewrapped apps to take advantage of the new features and functionality. For your convenience, we have combined all the updates into one new app wrapper – version 7.1.1.

How does this affect me?
                    Please rewrap your iOS LOB apps with the latest App Wrapping Tool for iOS version 7.1.1. This wrapping tool has the MDM – MAM policy channel switch coded into the wrapper.
                    It also brings in iOS 11 management as of the iOS beta version available.
                    Please note, if Apple makes any major changes from beta to general availability, we may have to release a new app wrapper, although we do not anticipate Apple making major changes.
                    Our internal app teams (Office apps) are also adopting 7.1.1.

What do I need to do to prepare for this change?
                    Please download the latest Intune App Wrapping Tool for iOS. Rewrap, upload, and deploy apps wrapped with an Intune App Wrapping Tool version 7.1.1 or higher by end of August.
                    We recognize this is an extra step for you, but expect the end result to be a big improvement in your app management administration.

https://github.com/msintuneappsdk/intune-app-wrapping-tool-ios

Can you make sure this is solved a.s.a.p. ?
                    I also posted it in this thread: Adobe Acrobat for Intune Update

regards, Martijn van Loenen
                    NN Group

• 7. Re: MAM policy not working for the Adobe Acrobat for Intune on iOS
                      vikask3508

I am facing similar issues, MAM policies not working for iOS devices.

1. Adding application via InTune Portal (deploy.microsoft.com) will show Adobe under MAM policy targets

2. As per Microsoft, application has to be wrapped with latest InTune SDK. It seems like Adobe has to resolve this for iOS app.