3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2016 5:31 AM by betterthangreens

Cashe Problem

betterthangreens

Good morning!  I am having another problem.  Yesterday I was working on LIGHTROOM in the car, and when my husband turned the car off, LIGHTROOM crashed....and it won't come back up right... it says, "Lightroom encountered an error when reading from its preview cache and needs to quit.  Lightroom will attempt to fix this problem the next time it launches."  I've tried to restart it several times but it won't start.  Can one of you experts please log on to my computer and fix it for me?  Thank you!  Tammy

• 1. Re: Cashe Problem
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi Tammy,

Greetings

"Lightroom encountered an error when reading from its preview cache and needs to quit. Lightroom will attempt to fix this problem the next time it launches".

You need to delete the Preview Cache for your Lightroom catalog.

It is located in the same folder as the Lightroom Catalog. The preview cache name ends with Previews.LRDATA and should be deleted. Do not confuse this with *.LRCAT, which should not be deleted.Below is the image of what it is named as

Default   LightroomcatalogPreviews.Lrdata.

Location  :-   /Pictures/Lightroom on Mac.

Delete this Folder and restart Lightroom

6655.PNG

Regards,

Akash

• 2. Re: Cashe Problem
            betterthangreens Level 1

Thank you!  it worked!  Thanks again!

• 3. Re: Cashe Problem
              betterthangreens Level 1

Akash, You have helped me in the past and I have another problem, my LR CC cannot find the picture files on my iPhone to import them.  Can you please help me?  It was working fine earlier this morning and but not at all now.  Thank you!  Tammy