• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader DC not uninstalling during install of Acrobat DC Standard

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Acrobat DC Customization Wizard to create an install package for Acrobat DC Standard and want this to uninstall any version of Reader, including Reader DC. It doesn't and the Wizard even states this, letting you know you have to use setup.exe install method in order to uninstall Reader DC, but doesn't provide directions on how to configure this. I added a command to the setup.ini - /msi REMOVE_PREVIOUS_READER=YES but this had no effect.

Using this document: Installation options — Acrobat Customization Wizard DC for Windows

(which has later information than the youtube video Adobe has posted about using the DC Customization Wizard)

Scroll to the Remove installed products listing.

Any idea how I get Reader DC to uninstall during installation of DC Standard?

Thanks, Paul

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

In a remote session with an Adobe Tech Support engineer we discovered the issue was caused by the version of install media I was using. This was downloaded from the Adobe Volume License site in August of 2015 and the install files were dated 3.18.15. Updated to the 12.18.15 version of the installers and now Reader DC does uninstall as the last part of the install procedure, when using setup.exe to perform the install and with the customization wizard settings selected for Reader to be uninstalle

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

to automatically uninstall Acrobat Reader DC you will need to set the "Remove all Versions of Reader" options in the Customization Wizard for your Acrobat DC installation.

However instead of running the AcroPro.msi with the transforms file, you should run the setup.exe which uses the setup.ini in the background to install Acrobat DC.

Please let me know if you experience any issues with this approach.

Thanks,

Bianca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bianca,

Here is a picture of the AcroPro.mst created in the Customization Wizard. This setting makes no difference for uninstalling Reader DC. Reader 11 does uninstall, but not DC.

And I always use setup.exe to start the install. I have also added in the setup.ini, in the cmdline section - /msi REMOVE_PREVIOUS_READER=YES and that made no difference.

But note the comment about removing Reader DC under “Remove all versions of Reader”. I am triggering installation using setup.exe and it still doesn’t uninstall so I assume there is some other step involved or something I am not understanding.

Thanks, Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

I just tried it on a test install. I had Acrobat Reader installed and all I did int he Customization Wizard was to set "Remove all Versions on Reader".

Can you please give that a try, without making any further changes in the Customization Wizard and setup.ini.

Please let me know if this work, otherwise there might be some other environmental factor that prevents Reader DC from being uninstalled.

Thanks,

Bianca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bianca,

I’ve tried multiple times. Reader 11 uninstalls but Reader DC does not. I’ve installed Reader DC Continuous and Reader DC Classic, each installed using setup.exe, and I’m using setup.exe to install DC Standard, but neither version uninstalls, on either of my test machines.

Adobe Tech Support will be doing a remote session with me to look at environmental factors.

Thanks, Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a remote session with an Adobe Tech Support engineer we discovered the issue was caused by the version of install media I was using. This was downloaded from the Adobe Volume License site in August of 2015 and the install files were dated 3.18.15. Updated to the 12.18.15 version of the installers and now Reader DC does uninstall as the last part of the install procedure, when using setup.exe to perform the install and with the customization wizard settings selected for Reader to be uninstalled.

Thanks for commenting, Bianca.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Paul,

I am having the exact same issue. I have downloaded the latest versions of the Customization Wizard and the Acrobat DC installation files, but cannot get Reader DC to uninstall.

Could you please post the exact content of your setup.ini file?

Thanks

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines