4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2009 5:48 AM by Newsgroup_User

Streaming in Flex

RUSH-ME Level 3
      Hello Everybody

I am working on a project in which I have to get data from database and to show in a datagrid. For the first time I got the data and was showing in the datagrid. I want to update the datagrid when there was any update in the database. How should I deal with this problem?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Streaming in Flex
          Madhav Subedi Level 4
          hi rashmi,
          AFAIK getting the service synchronous as you are saying is not possible. what i would do is refresh the data shown in a defined interval - using timers.

or, in the best case - if you are triggering the database update from your flex application itself, it would be easier to refresh the dataprovider at the time you get result of the database update service call.
          • 2. Re: Streaming in Flex
            Level 7

"RUSH-ME" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:goninu$5da$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Hello Everybody
            >
            > I am working on a project in which I have to get data from database and
            > to
            > show in a datagrid. For the first time I got the data and was showing in
            > the
            > datagrid. I want to update the datagrid when there was any update in the
            > database. How should I deal with this problem?

Use something like BlazeDS.

• 3. Re: Streaming in Flex
              RUSH-ME Level 3
              Hi Amy Blankenship,

Sorry to mention that I am already using BlazeDS. But the problem is how the database will pass real time updates signal to the java/tomcat/BlazeDS. From flex how should I get the information about update.

Thanks for your time.
              • 4. Re: Streaming in Flex
                Level 7

"RUSH-ME" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                news:goq6ig$dbq$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > Hi Amy Blankenship,
                >
                > Sorry to mention that I am already using BlazeDS. But the problem is how
                > the
                > database will pass real time updates signal to the java/tomcat/BlazeDS.
                > From
                > flex how should I get the information about update.

I'm not sure, because I don't use it. But I think you have to subscribe for
                updates.